Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to pick up some heated gloves (the kind you plug into the battery maintainer plug or outlet). I was just told today by a fellow grom rider that the charging system on the grom wont keep up with the electrical load from heated gloves and may have the same issue on my z. I dont want to run down my battery.
Anybody tried them and have any issues?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I suppose since I will be getting a pair of heated gloves anyway to use with my big bikes I could just plug them into the z and monitor the battery with a volt meter and see what happens. I'm also looking into a led light that will use less wattage

·
Registered
106 Posts
Any update on these?

I am planning on installing heated grips and im worried about draining the battery.

Before I was thinking of heated gloves but went with heated grips instead.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a led headlight on the way but havent stopped by cycle gear to pick up the gloves yet. Probably be next week before I have results

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The sedici gloves I'm buying specs say they use 22 watts. My led headlight will draw 15 watts less than the 35 watt factory bulb. So with only using a few more watts than I am now plus 98% of the time my throttle is wide open...I am pretty optimistic, lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
The sedici gloves I'm buying specs say they use 22 watts. My led headlight will draw 15 watts less than the 35 watt factory bulb. So with only using a few more watts than I am now plus 98% of the time my throttle is wide open...I am pretty optimistic, lol
I dont know how many watts the heated grips will draw but I can only imagine a lot. So I use the wiring for the small bulb below the headlight to connect to the grips and I just did not bother reconnecting the small bulb. I am also at WOT most of the time

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good! Nice job!
What is the purpose of that little bulb below the headlight anyway? My guess is somekind of daytime running light but I dont understand the point of that if the headlight is always on

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks.

I have no idea why is there a bulb there also. It must be some law for motorcycle manufacturers to have a light in the front when the ignition is in ON position.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just did a 30 min ride with my new sedici heated gloves on high and my volt meter never dropped below 14.5 volts
I think by going to a led headlight and removing the daytime bulb I may be fine. I also have led turn signals amd license plate light but I doubt those have much of a effect.
Grabbed a dual usb outlet thats also a volt meter off of fleabay.
I'll update if I run into any issues.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts