Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy bike, started out a hi compression stock bore, then went to a stroker (138cc) bike did well, then he went to the 60mm bore making it 155cc, it blowed up with in 200 miles (piston came apart) t/b parts blamed it on grom fathers port work( well they said it “could” have been the issue) offered 50% replacement parts, so since it hurt the rod & we had to replace the crank he decided to go 177cc (64mm bore). We get it together instantly there a ticking, i though was rockers, we pulled the cam check everything, it all looked fine, he rode it around then the noise got worst yesterday after 100miles, I go over and tear it down to see if we can find the isssue, bingo we found it, scurt broke in the piston, t/b makes junk piston, this bike was not ran hard yet, the port work is stock, there no excuse this time, the bike has a oil cooler, never got over 205 degrees, someone out there has to be able to make a decent forged piston for these bike!!!!!

This is a video of the rebuild
Z125 From Blown Up 143 To 177cc Diy Case Boring & Assembly

The damage
Z125 177cc Issue Within 100 Miles

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have put some miles on my 177cc after I blowed it up the first time and it has took a beatings, It’s made 300-350 1/8 mile passes

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have about 13,000k's on my piston from the 143 upgrade, and about 3,000k's with the crank added to make 155. No issues here either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts