Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We've had a lot of requests to make this video to show the install procedure on the all new GEN 2 version of the OTB Chain adjusters.

They really did a great job with the improvements.

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
330 Posts
How much are these... since you guys have the worst website on the Internet.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
since you guys have the worst website on the Internet.
Not all, But Most complaints about the website I've seen has been not wanting to scroll down a lot of idems to find what there interested in .
Just Suggesting maybe you guys could change the verbiage (pic) to show there is a PRODUCT LIST LINK for the Z125 would help those looking for just a specific product.
It does read like its taking you to your basic shopping cart type link .
For those that haven't found the PRODUCT LIST for just the Z125 it's here (Pic's)

Attachments

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

We've got The Main site which has Bike Specific page all the photos and detailed descriptions for the parts.
2017 - 2018 Kawasaki Z125 PRO Parts & Accessories - BEST PRICES

Then we have our Shopping cart, which is about as straight forward and simple to understand as possible.
https://store.hardracing.com/cart.php?target=category&category_id=3141

We get a ton of compliments every day from customers.

Guess as the saying goes, can't make everyone happy. ;-)

As for the OTB Chain adjusters...... we've not got them listed until OTB Announces the prices for the GEN2 adjusters.
Should be any day now.

·
Registered
875 Posts
For those without sound, how do these compare to the PSD type chain adjusters? Is it style preference or is there some specific feature that make these better?

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For those without sound, how do these compare to the PSD type chain adjusters? Is it style preference or is there some specific feature that make these better?

Off top of our head, the most obvious these have the ability to add spools, PSD do not.

OTB uses Metric bolts since that's what the bike uses. Pretty sure PSD still uses SAE Bolts.

Reactions: crakerjac

·
Registered
78 Posts
Does anyone know what MM allen the bolt for the spool is? I emailed them last week asking, as I already own spools. I certainly hope their lack of contact isn't an indicator of their level of customer support!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Does anyone know what MM allen the bolt for the spool is? I emailed them last week asking, as I already own spools. I certainly hope their lack of contact isn't an indicator of their level of customer support!
I can check tonight (if I remember).

Sounds like you have your own spools and are considering the OTB adjusters? The adjustment bolt should be the only one that matters after installation. (I think they were all the same size however)

I've had good luck with OTB support despite not being thrilled with their product. Took them a full week to get back to me. Give it another day or two.

·
Registered
933 Posts
All 3 cap screws on the OTB adjusters are 6mm.

I've got PSD like adjusters from Fine Turn Precision and I am super happy with them.
The PSD look nice. The OTB design is stylish, but unnecessarily so, PSD accomplishes the same thing without people asking what the heck is sticking out of your swing arm. Though... they look like they weigh 2lbs each!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I can check tonight (if I remember).

Sounds like you have your own spools and are considering the OTB adjusters? The adjustment bolt should be the only one that matters after installation. (I think they were all the same size however)

I've had good luck with OTB support despite not being thrilled with their product. Took them a full week to get back to me. Give it another day or two.
Thanks Ando! Yeah, I have my own spools I got off Amazon. So, you're not happy with the OTB product? The only thing I see is everyone singing their praises. What issues have you ran into, and do you have version 2?

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have version 2. The anodizing looked like it got weed whipped, the spool and mounting point were not quite concentric, and one of the two bodies was too tight in the swingarm (hammer installation required). They sent me a new body to remedy the last issue, hence the praise for their customer service, but overall I was disappointed for $160.

I have one more issue, but that could be down to user error so I'm going to hold my tongue until I have a chance to reinstall to be sure.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for the info. The psd ones look great and more affordable, but no place to mount spools. I think anything over $100 bucks for this is pretty steep, trying to justify the price on a bike that may see 1200 miles a year.....

·
Registered
875 Posts
The ones from Fine Turn Precision take metric Allen Wrenches (unlike the PSD version) and have provisions for spools. I paid $95 shipped WITH spools for mine. Prices might have changed, but I am super happy with mine. I didn't weigh them, but they didn't feel noticeably heavier than stock. My only gripe is that the spools are tapped where the FTP logo sits... Makes the spools look a little bit like an after thought, but I think that has been addressed since I purchased mine.

I can take a pictures if you like... but my bike is dirty AF.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm more interested in contact info than pics. =P

I can only really find them on FB, is that how you purchased?

So you like... send them a message asking for some stuff and they text you back with a price, fake internet money gets exchanged and they mail you stuff?

FB Market makes me feel really old.

·
Registered
875 Posts
So you like... send them a message asking for some stuff and they text you back with a price, fake internet money gets exchanged and they mail you stuff?

That's pretty much it. Found them on Facebook. They seem to make custom stunt parts for the Z and a few other odds and ends. You can probably message them via their Fine Turn Precision Facebook page. Or if you prefer, I can PM you the name of the guy I specifically dealt with. I paid with PayPal and ponied up the extra $3.15 in PayPal fees to cover my backside in case the transaction went sideways or the guy flaked out after taking my money... Neither of which happened.

edit: linky:
https://www.facebook.com/Fineturnprecision/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts