Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone managed to install an Akrapovic exhaust on their Z125! I looked on the actual site and they don't have one designed specifically for the Kawaski Z125 so where did they get that one from? Did they modify one meant for another model for the Z125 for take it from another model directly? How?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Too bad there aren't any video's of it, tried searching YouTube, no luck. Maybe in the coming days and weeks this person will post a video.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found one. I think it's the same bike with the akro exhaust as the picture. You can hear it idling but I wish he would have revved it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has a lower note to it once the new exhaust was isntalled. Hope they post up a riding video soon because I want to hear it do more than idle.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think that's to be expected with just about most aftermarket systems on idle. How it sounds once in action is what's really important.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it's anything like the Akra for the Grom, it could cost around $800 before taxes, shipping, etc.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Chances are it will be about that, if not, it'll still be just as attainable. I really wouldn't mind paying that much, plus they hold their value good enough. A plus for short term owners like myself.

·
Registered
96 Posts
$800 isn't a bad price. I don't want to spend that much, but the price is not bad. I'm sure you could find a cheaper slip-on that would still give you a lower exhaust note though.

·
Registered
330 Posts
It really isn't. Looking at bikes in segments much higher, they can cost as much as $6000-7000, which helps to see where what we'll be paying fits into this. Now $800 isn't so bad after all.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I said it wasn't bad. It;s a minibike though. Do you really want to spend that kind of money on a casual fun bike?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I said it wasn't bad. It;s a minibike though. Do you really want to spend that kind of money on a casual fun bike?
Some people can make the case for it, some can't, if you have to ask and can't justify it, it's not for you then simple as that.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If it's someone's main mode of transportation then I can see why they would put a lot of money into it. What we're used to is people doing this for higher cc bikes.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The same can be said for someone not wanting to do too much with it being a daily. In those cases sometimes its not worth doing a lot for the many reasons.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much of a performance increase would the akra exhaust provide? Or is it purely for sound when it comes to 125cc bikes?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah... if you're a dyno, you can probably pick up on the difference in power :D

It will however be good for sound which is the primary reason for most people getting these. But combine it with other mods and it might get more power

·
Registered
96 Posts
So if you use it as a toy and want it to sound better, it could make sense. I can probably think of a whole lot of things I would sooner spend my money on though. i just don't think it really offers enough actual benefit. Sound and look. That's it. I would consider something cheaper though. Akra is one of the most expensive.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts