Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have purchased both Quatum and now Kemso pump only inserts and although advertised as being direct swap out...neither fit. Any ideas what might be going on here? This was an early '17 model....do all yrs/models have the same fuel pump?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
412 Posts
Yes, all year models of the Z125 have the same part number.

Curious why you need a new pump? OEM quit? Need more flow?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seem to have an issue with engine cut-out at a certain temp. Have replaced the sensors etc. Error code says fuel pump...but a direct factory replacement is mega $$$ so heard about the Quatum slip in pump. Bought one but it just doesnt fit. Electrical fittings dont match etc. Diameter is correct. Whats odd is that nobody has a listing for the original Keihin pump, a GB24 unit. Was wondering if since my '17 model was the first one the local dealership offerered, it might have possibly been fitted with a different model pump. Should know soon enough as I just bought a used '18 pump off Ebay.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Could you post a picture of it when you get it? might be helpful if anyone else has this problem to tell if they have the same fuel pump.

Watching the thread to see if this solves your problem.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 2018 fuel pump is the same as my early model 2017. It does have a different number ID on it though. Keihin HB06 (2017>Keihin GB24)same connections, size etc. I'm sure both Quantum and Kemso may offer a direct replacement, but those advertised as being a direct fitment for the Z125 are in error. Gonna replace the pump relay as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts