Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Since I'm an old fat guy suspension was the first modification, Racing Bros shock and fork cartridge/springs, made a huge improvement. Many go with Ohlins, fine product but another bike I have with Ohlins had a leaking shock seal after less than 2k mikes and seals on a set of Ohlins forks after less than 3,000 miles. Thought I would try something different and happy with the decision. Next up was brakes, Brembo 13MM master cylinder, galfer stainless lines, galfer rotors with Ti bolts, and a Brembo P34 rear caliper & Brembo P34/30 front caliper. Suspension and brakes were the most expensive upgrades but worth it in my opinion. Seat Concepts seat was a great upgrade as well, much more comfortable for the heavier rider . Aftermarket exhaust, MMNTHBX intake, & Bazzaz, nice performance improvement. Lightweight primary allows the motor to rev quicker which I like. KLX throttle tube, great mod for the money, reduces the radius from closed to wide open throttle. Luggage rack is great if you need to carry anything, I'm nor a backpack fan. The rear fender eliminator helps the appearance but no performance benefit. Speed spacers greatly reduced rolling resistance and cut a bit of unsprung weight, along with the Vortex aluminum sprocket with aluminum nuts and the titanium axles, having a friend with a machine shop is nice. Replaced some bolts with Ti left over from other builds. Renthal CRF High Fat Bars off of an old bike. Koso oil temperature gauge, like to know what's going on.

Was looking at BST wheels but bought another bike and have done most of the same stuff to it. This week I've been looking at ceramic wheel bearings, again slightly lower weight and lower rolling resistance..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts