Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
MNNTHBX upper triple clamp for 1 1/8" bars is pricey but absolutely the nicest solution for adding larger diameter bars and with it's four positions allows far more flexibility than other options.

Pro-Taper 7/8" KLX110 bend bars are a nice add-on and reasonably priced.

Driven Racing 1 1/8" carbon fiber SBK bend bars...super nice, look absolutely bad *** but, because of their being far lower, won't allow a full lock-to-lock turn without touching the tank cover and that is with them on the farthest forward position on the MNNTHBX upper triple clamp. Not a huge deal but something to keep in mind.

ASV C5 levers...very nice, well made and just about infinitely adjustable but at almost $300 a pair now I can't recommend them. If I hadn't already put a set on my daughter's bike I wouldn't have bought a similar set for my bike. I tried to get Pazzo Racing levers, which is what I have on most of my other bikes, but they don't make them to fit the Z. Makes the eBay 'Made in China' levers look far more attractive although I can't vouch as to how well any of those levers might work or the quality.

·
Super Moderator
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the ProTaper XR50 bars wanting the highest bars available @ 171mm, But the control length section is too short to fit everything on the left/clutch side. Right side (throttle) was no problem
Had to trim 1/2" off the grip, Trim the signal housing edge to gain another 1/4" And file a little bit of the clutch perch (ID) where it starts to creep down on the radius of the bend in the bars.
But all doable if you want the highest bars available and avoid risers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts