Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Could you tell how much adjust-ability there is ??
I haven't been able to find the specs for this shock but the 245TL in the part number means it is 245mm long (eye to eye) has Threaded Ring type pre-load adjustment and Ride Height Length adjustment

It doesn't have Rebound or Hi-Low Speed Compression adjustment. YSS should be making shocks for the Z125 that do have these adjustments ar some point. GAZI, Racing Boy, Ohlins and Marziano will also be making shocks for the Z125 eventually. They're probably in development now, if not already on the shelves in Bangkok.

It should still be a much better shock than stock.

Reactions: Ninja

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First listed aftermarket shock. YSS w/piggyback reservoir.

Kawasaki Z125 Rear Adjustable YSS Gas Shock with Reservoir | eBay

View attachment 553

NOTE: I've bought from ZeedParts before. Prices are good and shipping doesn't take forever.....
A quick search for 245mm shocks that should fit the Z125 turned up a few more shocks. They're sold to use on Groms (as lowering shocks, the Grom's stock shock is 255mm) but the two bikes weigh the same so spring rates should be suitable for the Z125. I don't think a Piggyback style shock will work due to clearance issues with bodywork plastics because of the side mounting position, but standard and remote reservoir styles should work. Please anyone, correct me if I'm mistaken about this.....

Be aware that counterfeit Ohlins shocks show up on eBay sometimes from Asian sellers. Ohlins does have a manufacturing plant in Thailand.

Over the years I have personally used YSS, Racing Boy (on my Grom right now) and RacingBros shocks and would recommend any of them. Nitron, CARD and JRI are other quality brands (they're in the higher price range).

NOTE: some shock brands can be customized for your weight by the seller by changing the spring.

https://www.steadygarage.com/store/...over-rear-shock-with-reservoir-honda-grom-125

https://www.steadygarage.com/store/...hicane-hlr-coilover-rear-shock-honda-grom-125

MINIMOTO Rakuten Ichiba Ten | Rakuten Global Market: GROM Grom-GAZI with subtank liashockred NO3601

MINIMOTO Rakuten Ichiba Ten | Rakuten Global Market: GROM Grom GAZI black rear shock NO3367

·
Vendor
686 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^ Yes, what he said,also.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Excellent post.......I had a JRI on my FZ-07.....was very happy with it, excellent build quality.....and you didn't have to be a mechanical engineer to make adjustments.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The seller says there are no clearance issues and it fits like OEM. So any piggyback shock where the reservoir, and connecting bridge to the part with the spring, are shaped similarly should work fine.

That increases the range of shocks available for the Z125.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts