Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sit here on my back patio, defeated. I've owned one previous fully stock motorcycle that never ran, so you can say my experience with working on bikes is limited. Today, I purchased a pair of Pro Taper bars. The exact Pro Tapers I dreamt of installing the day I purchased my Z. I've watched countless videos of bar installs, so I was confident as I started taking apart my controls. My expectations and excitement built, as I mounted the new bars upon the Z. Beautiful, I thought as I began to slide on the break lever. That's when it happened... the 90 degree curve in the clutch cable threw me off guard. Now, I realize that the bars were marked to cut smaller, so the fact that my cables were too short didn't alarm me all that much, but I stand here defeated by this 90 degree curved piece of metal that wraps around the cable. I turn to this forum for some advice, knowing that most of the people on here are wonderful, helpful individuals. Has anyone else experienced this, and are my dreams shattered? I refuse to give up, but I'm also nervous to make a mistake, that still cost me dearly. Any help is appreciated.

·
Vendor
686 Posts
I'm not familiar with your exact bar bend, as we always go straight to Renthal RC High on these small bikes, but you should have no real obstacle. Many people fail to realize when it comes to controls, almost all of it is adjustable, per needs and tastes, and there's no wrong way to go about it, making the assumption everything is routed in a safe / non binding fashion. If you want, shoot me a few pics to [email protected] and I'll be more than happy to help you out. Greg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it...

Well, I decided to just go for it and rerout the clutch cable. Thank you guys for the replys. I had some difficulty securing my controls, because the stock bars have pilot holes that a piece of plastic sticks in, but I just ended up shaving that bit of plastic off the inside on the control housing.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts