Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These should have come on the bike as OE. It took me twenty minutes to check the tire psi due to clearance issues.
Grom has 90°, but not as clean as these.

Remove the tire, break the bead near the stem..

With an exacto, cut off the OE stem

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Peel the inner piece out

Leaving this

Two blocks of wood to hold the tire exposing the backside

Wet the rubber on the stem to ease install

Insure fit

After adding a bit of lock-tight, place the nut on the inside of the wheel in position

By hand, screw the angled stem itself on to the nut pulling the stem in place.
Push on the nut to hold it as much as possible to get the stem to seat as far as you can.
Align the stem pointing outwards then hold in place while using a 14mm socket to tighten the nut.
Insure the stem stays pointing outward as you tighten.

Air the tire back up making sure the tire "beads". Check the pressure and check for leaks.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Beware the ultra cheap versions of these, they may leak. If having problems getting the bead to seat, try a ratchet strap around the tire like this: QuickTip - Tire mounting

The strap compresses the tire to hit the wheel everywhere and seal, then the air can push the bead up and over the seat area.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and remove the valve stem when trying to seat the bead
I was going to mention that, but decided against it to keep the younger audience feeling confident in doing this. I realize not all people have a valve stem tool nor an open flow chuck. That step really not needed here since it's not a fresh install and most of the tire is still beaded. Good mention though.

·
Registered
982 Posts
You don't need a big air compressor to seat tire beads, I did the above process on several 12 inch motorcycle tires, 16 inch MC tires, and a couple of car tires that I needed to clean the bead area to get a seal. And with the slow air compressor style, no need to remove the valve core because you are not flowing that kind of air. With good lube I'm finding most of these 12 inch tires will seat with around 20PSI of pressure.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Nice write up Fox Fader . I bought some but forgot to put them in when I put my Kendas on . And I would have pushed, pulled, pried, and cussed a lot trying to get the old ones out before I googled or figured out to just cut them off for sure . :rolleyes: I've Never had tubeless tires yet

·
Registered
78 Posts
Very nice write up! I agree, they should come stock. I purchased the man in the box ones and put them on with my new tires, no leaks after 5 months!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice write up! I agree, they should come stock. I purchased the man in the box ones and put them on with my new tires, no leaks after 5 months!!
I saw the other day that they had some, they look exactly the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts