Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What amount of horse power is needed to make 5mph gains.
Provided it's with the proper gearing, tire size & raised rev-limiter setting combination.
Just looking for everyone's best guess to answer the the most common question of how much horsepower will be needed to increase top end speeds.

(copy n paste)
For 65mph / Need 8.6hp
For 70mph / Need
For 75mph / Need
For 80mph / Need
For 85mph / Need
For 90mph / Need
For 100mph / Need a miracle

·
Registered
562 Posts
For 65mph / Need 8.6hp
For 70mph / Need 10.68
For 75mph / Need 13.13
For 80mph / Need 15.94
For 85mph / Need 19.12
For 90mph / Need 22.69
For 100mph / Need 31.13

Calculated based on: known top speed with dyno proven stock hp and estimated frontal area with adult rider and estimated backwards calculated coefficient of drag to achieive know stock top speed.

·
Super Moderator
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After piecing together all the verified info I have from here and other sites, but still not knowing all the particulars of each and every report, Zaphs figures are all but Spot On as all of his posts usually are, So using them specifically for this chart. Thank you Zaph

TOP SPEED COST.JPG

·
Registered
18 Posts
Terrific info Kaw'ee

This is a topic that I have mulled over a lot in my mind. My 2018 is stock with 3700 babied miles and I have decide to do the exhaust and intake with PC5 but it seems there is another level of gain with doing just one more thing ... a 12:1 Kitaco piston OR the DCR CAM. I don't know enough about how those choices produce added power so ask the collective wisdom of the group to expound on that for me. It seems the high compression piston would tend to lean towards excessive heat and reliability issues?

Much appreciated !

·
Super Moderator
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Take a look at this , and figure what you want to spend for your personal needs for higher top end or racing light to light speed

·
Super Moderator
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another thing worth mentioning on this thread would be if you just want your bike to "FEEL" faster for under a $100.00 bucks, put on a 13t counter sprocket, a klx110 quick throttle and a lightened primary and it will "FEEL" a lot more crazy fun faster but will be actually slower and lower your top speed to 58mph gps speed.
Or, doing just any one of those works as well ;) just not as fun :p

"FEELS"
If you ever drove a 4wheel drive in low range and stomped on the gas through the gears it "FEELS" crazy fast :cool:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Interesting compilation of info.

When I look back on what I did with my bike, if I had to choose again, I might not put a Yosh exhaust / Bazzaz / Chimera on it, and just leave it stock. Heck, just some sticky tires, some front end suspension work, a few doodads and I'm good to go.

To me, it's just not a bike to buy if you need to go 70+, IMHO. And the more you mod it to hit those speeds, the more reliability takes a hit. I think people mod their engines anyway, reliability be damned, just because modding is fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts