Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
I find it hard to believe that this little motor can make use of that much area. Mikuni rates the TM24 carb. (24mm bore) at up to 20 horsepower. It takes air to make that power. That said, I can see some areas that could be improved in the stock throttle body. That big butterfly hanging out in the flow is certainly blocking a bunch, that might be the real reason that a larger bore makes more power. Would be neat to see a flat slide throttle body in the same bore as stock and see what kind of difference it makes.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I ordered mine today.

And the larger throttle bodies do help.... at least on the 143 kit. I gained .4hp with the Andrew motorsports 27.5mm. Hoping to gain even more with the 32mm.

Granted, Im not sure when the point of diminishing returns is because the intake adaptor is 26mm. Im having mine bored out to 32 to match the new throttle body.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Figured if anybody would try it , it would be you .
I'll be monitoring your YouTube Channel to see you break 70mph in the 1/4mi
Not that your 68mph run is ever going to be beat :wink2:
hope you dont mind me posting it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Figured if anybody would try it , it would be you .
I'll be monitoring your YouTube Channel to see you break 70mph in the 1/4mi
Not that your 68mph run is ever going to be beat :wink2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA7PPq7EzvY
hope you dont mind me posting it.
:grin2:

I sure hope I can beat that next time.

Dropped the motor off today to get the stroker crank installed, higher lift cam, port and polish the race head and of course bore the intake manifold. Then a retune on u4.4 or mr12 and an extended rev limit to 11700.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
32mm Throttle Body

colticus ... Could you please open up one of your 55 gallon drums of Whoopass and go beat this guy :wink2:

Just for the Prizes and forum braggin rights of course ... Johnnys cool :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts