Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The same day I got the bike I had a bunch of parts that came in, and the next day I started to install them the rest of my orders also came in, so perfect timing

Only was able to put on 30 miles bone stock, now I will be installing a stretch, lower bars, fender delete, led headlight

I chose to use the mojo customs stretch, and bars
the stretch was on sale super cheap, why I bought one before I even got the bike because I didn't want to pay $100 more at a later time
I chose to do the shortest stretch, but it can adjust longer
My stock brake cable won't allow it to go back any further even after rerouting it enough to make it work for the short stretch, but I may order new brake lines for the front and rear maybe some sort of colored lines so when I do I will make the rear longer for future

Took almost the entire day to do the work but I also powder coated the stretch and stock levers so that takes up a lot of time, the stretch was a little difficult to try to figure out what goes where and how it all works but I managed to figure it out

Did a nice rear fender delete bracket I got from mnnthbx keeping the stock signals

The led headlights from china sometimes come wired backwards, this was the case with the one I used so I just swapped the pins in the stock plug
They are actual high low led lights never seen those yet, one led is angled so it does shoot the light at an upward angle

One problem I have found is I guess our headlight can not adjust up and down with a screw like any other headlight I've owned does
so my high beam isn't high because the light angle is down some if that makes any sense
If there is a adjustment screw I haven't seen it yet

At long idle they will barely flicker, almost like a vibration
but you rev the engine a touch and they stay solidly lit. Probably at long idle the voltage drops enough to flicker the led
Its not very noticeable but at night you can see it easier

Not sure if hid's were put in if they would flash on and off at a long idle

I will be putting in a led license plate bulb, and that small bulb in the headlight too will be led once those come in

I have a kawasaki klx 250sf I had bought some $20 adjustable levers for. I used levers for a ninja 250 because no one sells them specifically for the bike I have

I matched up the z125 levers and they are almost exactly the same one, just 1/2 shorter
So for right now I threw on the adjustable levers and ordered some ninja 250 shorty levers, black with green adjustments
To better go with the color scheme

I had seen some z125 specific levers on eBay around $70 but I'm sure the ones I got will fit exactly the same
for $20 its worth the try

So far its a fun bike to ride, I have a few scooters already I do a lot of work on
so can't wait for engine mods to come out and big bore it
I haven't seen any yet but I haven't been looking too hard yet either

Ive hit 62 indicated flat ground which is okay speed
up hills its usually around 45-47 that feels slow but fine for all stock for now

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since I barely rode it unstretched I can't say the stretch does anything negative

but I have other stretched scooters (longer) and those all handled differently those all wanted to go straight

I think I now how around 220 miles on it and I can say it handles great with the short stretch
still very maneuverable

now if I went to the full 6 inches not sure how it would handle then, but if I went that far the rear would need to be lowered somehow
it does sit couple inches higher then stock how it is now because of the stretch I would hate to think how much higher it would get

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good any chance you you could give us a link to the headlight?
this is the one I got CREE Kit 9003 HB2 H4 Pack of 2 LED Bulbs 2 30W High Low Replace Head Light 5000K | eBay

but I'm sure the cheaper ones like this
will work the same too

I've had a few people ask me what I was using , it is pretty bright at night compared to stock bulbs

I've used this one on other bikes, looks just as bright as the one I got
but this type doesn't really have a high low bean its just a low beam
New CREE H4 9003 1pc LED 30W 6000 K Lumen Head Light Lamp | eBay
but at the time I was ordering I forgot about this so didn't order it

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also because of my stretch I needed longer rear brake cable, so ordered custom length cables for front and rear
found out they just got in a z125 so they already have the stock lengths and fittings figured out
and I had the rear made a little longer

will install them soon

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got the brake lines installed
really a nice kit, came with new banjo bolts, crush washers and 2 extra washers per box

very easy to do no issues

decided on silver hose and silver banjo fittings
could of chose a lot of different colors but always like the braided silver lines

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
207 Posts
this is the one I got CREE Kit 9003 HB2 H4 Pack of 2 LED Bulbs 2 30W High Low Replace Head Light 5000K | eBay

but I'm sure the cheaper ones like this
will work the same too

I've had a few people ask me what I was using , it is pretty bright at night compared to stock bulbs

I've used this one on other bikes, looks just as bright as the one I got
but this type doesn't really have a high low bean its just a low beam
New CREE H4 9003 1pc LED 30W 6000 K Lumen Head Light Lamp | eBay
but at the time I was ordering I forgot about this so didn't order it
Good deal man I appreciate it. I ride a lot of rural roads at night and while the stock light works I prefer led.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
confirmed for sure the shorty ninja 250r *2010-2011 * *fit the z125
just got mine in, green matches really well with the body paint

Shorty Long CNC Clutch Brake Lever for Kawasaki 650R 250R 300R ER6 zx6r 9R 10R | eBay

don't they look great and for $20 shipped and I think took a week to show up, not a bad deal
now what about the quality, well for 4 years I've been using the black, red on my klx 250sf that has I think 10.000 miles
and no signs of fading of the black or red, and no issues with quality so far

·
Registered
131 Posts
There's an adjustment screw just behind the headlight assembly if you turn the wheel left and look from the right side of the bike. It's not a Phillips, but I think I used either an 8 or 10mm open end wrench to adjust mine up a bit when I installed my LED just FYI. Hope it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's an adjustment screw just behind the headlight assembly if you turn the wheel left and look from the right side of the bike. It's not a Phillips, but I think I used either an 8 or 10mm open end wrench to adjust mine up a bit when I installed my LED just FYI. Hope it helps.

yes I just got the service manual and saw you can adjust from the back side

not real convienient

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you don't mind me asking, how long did the shipping take since the levers are coming from Hong Kong?
7-10 days to california

thats pretty quick, but as always you run the risk of customs holding items

like I have another part ordered same time that happened to get stuck in customs so hopefully by the end of the week that will come in

and I can share this cool part too
99% sure it will fit as I use it on my klx and they look exactly the same thread size

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here is another part I use on my klx that also fits the z125 with a tiny amount of cutting, at least on my bike
maybe your clutch cable is longer but just be aware of that

For around $16 took 9 days to arrive from time of order, which isn't bad at all
did get held up in customs for 2 days though

For Kawasaki KLX 250 s 09 10 11 12 13 14 Billet Clutch Cable Adjuster | eBay

you can also find these with a silver thread and colored lock ring too
but the black goes better with the bike if you ask me

and those curious about the thread type, as other people sell similar items and list the thread type

here is how much I had to cut, only because the cable was so short I couldn't pop on the lever and could not pull out any cable with my fingers to extend it
Plus the oem was also similar length

mounted on the bike, very close color to my lever green pieces too
sometimes you take a risk with colors not matching from other sellers

·
Registered
131 Posts
here is another part I use on my klx that also fits the z125 with a tiny amount of cutting, at least on my bike
maybe your clutch cable is longer but just be aware of that

For around $16 took 9 days to arrive from time of order, which isn't bad at all
did get held up in customs for 2 days though

For Kawasaki KLX 250 s 09 10 11 12 13 14 Billet Clutch Cable Adjuster | eBay

you can also find these with a silver thread and colored lock ring too
but the black goes better with the bike if you ask me

and those curious about the thread type, as other people sell similar items and list the thread type

here is how much I had to cut, only because the cable was so short I couldn't pop on the lever and could not pull out any cable with my fingers to extend it
Plus the oem was also similar length

mounted on the bike, very close color to my lever green pieces too
sometimes you take a risk with colors not matching from other sellers

Looks good. Your pics are what made me just order a set of the CNC shortys in green w/black adjusters.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
decided to do some performance work today

got in mnnthbx intake, yoshimura exhaust, and bazaaz fuel controller, iridium spark plug

very nice fit, lines up with no issues

on mine this is the wire to use to power it up

and made my own brace to tie together the body panels, since the air box was taken out
I had a piece of red plastic tubing made for plumbing I had bought a while ago
worked out perfectly once painted black
since it was made for hot water lines I'm hoping it won't sag or anything with heat, but for now its good enough

if you also see I bent up my horn mount to hide it some

1 - 20 of 83 Posts