Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you both. Today I was able to take the bike a few miles down the road. The exhaust is very loud as expected, lightened primary wine is there but I don't mind. The bars and levers are a huge improvement over stock. The galfer brake setup is a HUGE upgrade. The brake lever is extremely strong. I can't I say I had a problem with the stock brake setup but holy crap is this brake set up so much better.

After the ride I disassembled the stock clutch safety switch and soldered the 1fngr lever wires to that switch so I could retain a clean factory look and function. I took a few pics outside with my woman's grom.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Small but big pieces arrived today.

I also have the fork kit.
I was able to ride the z around the a little. When I returned it was covered in the oil. It's all coming from the clutch cover gasket. I used the gasket that came with the HD clutch and lightened primary, so I will be replacing it with and oem gasket. To remedy that solution. Aside from some little odds and ends like mounting tag bracket with light I am almost done. I also need to decide if I want to powdercoat the spring for the rear shock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Alright shock and forks complete. I have to replace a clutch cover gasket before I can take it for a spin and get a feel for it. What do you all think about coating rear shock spring shocker yellow to match the wheels and cages?
(Like this other members bike)

·
Registered
340 Posts
The attention to detail is pretty cool but im more about performance than looks and say its good enough why spend more money.

To each their own

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm all about attention to detail and the yellow spring definitely stands out...plus the spring would match your other stuff while the Ohlins canister would match the front forks. Plus you have two springs, so you wouldn't even have any down time.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I say shocker yellow spring, it's a drop in the bucket compared to the other money getting tossed at this bike. =P Easy to spend someone else's cash though.

Love the pairing of purple and chartreuse Z & Grom! Though, is there a reason the Grom's front tire is mounted backwards?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I say shocker yellow spring, it's a drop in the bucket compared to the other money getting tossed at this bike. =P Easy to spend someone else's cash though.

Love the pairing of purple and chartreuse Z & Grom! Though, is there a reason the Grom's front tire is mounted backwards?
Definitely easy to spend someone else's lol... then again I mentally spend some imaginary back account all the time. 😄

The grom and z do compliment each other well. My woman just bought the grom 2 months ago and we literally haven't touched it from the previous owner. Good eye on that tire. She just bought some parts to replace some of the rashed parts.

You all talked me into it. The rear spring is off at powdercoat. In future the bike will get big bore and maybe some rearsets. I'm pretty sure I have an extra oil cooler from a Buell I may try to fit since I have it around.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Small thing to show but interested to see everyone's thoughts. I'm not a fan of the clutch and stator cover colors that kawasaki chose so I decided while had the clutch cover off to replace the gasket I would paint it a wrinkle black...I was going for more of a harley uniform texture black than this but I don't hate this so I might run this setup. I'll need to pull the stator cover off as well and do it but haven't seen info on that. Is that just simply remove bolts and pull cover or is there extra steps? I want to make sure none of the cam chain components mount to that cover before removing it.

·
Super Moderator
1,940 Posts
I haven't done it but seen other posts on it done and ya, just pull cover bolts

and this video on it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts