Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I just wanna know if I could put none o-ring drive chain on this 2018 125z Pro?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Yes, its sold new with a non o-ring chain
You need a 420/100link

We have a thread on chains if your interested

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, its sold new with a non o-ring chain
You need a 420/100link

We have a thread on chains if your interested
I saw this on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/RK-Racing-Ch...keywords=m420+100+chain&qid=1605672637&sr=8-2 but the max displacement is 80cc? I'm not sure if it fits on the bike

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
420/100 link it will fit and even rated at 80cc max that's 10hp for most bikes. So its fine with a stock z125. but it is there buget chain and a good chance you will be re-adjusting (tightening) the chain every 500miles just like the stock OEM junk chain if that weighs in on your decision. The 420MXZ is a much better chain and the popular choice

Reactions: GlennZ125

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
420/100 link it will fit and even rated at 80cc max that's 10hp for most bikes. So its fine with a stock z125. but it is there buget chain and a good chance you will be re-adjusting (tightening) the chain every 500miles just like the stock OEM junk chain if that weighs in on your decision. The 420MXZ is a much better chain and the popular choice
okay okay thank you! how about this? 420 x 100 Links Heavy Duty Non Oring Chain I normally just use the 125 just to the gym which like 5 miles away from where I live, I normally use my CBR to go to work.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Sounds like you might not even use the bike more than 500miles a year
Any of the chains are probably fine if your just using your bike for commuting and not at max throttle 80% of the time.

·
Super Moderator
307 Posts
I agree with Kaw'ee. Except for the 80% throttle thing. Who TF does that on these bikes :LOL: ? The only time I have a steady throttle hand (on this bike) is when I'm in heavy traffic or there is a cop around. Otherwise it's on or off with this little guy.

Yes, you can totally get away with no O on the little bikes. Especially on the street. Stick with a brand name like RK (my personal fav) or DID. Avoid the ones made of chinesium. Just imagine how many millions of miles motorcycles made long before O-ring chains were invented (1971) let alone before they were common (somewhere in the late 80's I believe).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts