Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed 2" ROX Risers and with the Pro Taper SE XR' bars , the tallest handlebars I could find I'm at 39" handlebar height and the bike no longer has the mini-feel to it now, Just feels like a scaled down full size bike somehow . I Love It !!! All the stock cables , wiring harnesses and the front brake line had to be re-routed , but all of them are plenty long enough and much free'er not being all bunched up behind the headlight and restrained in all those retaining clips .
Removed right side cable retaining clip behind tank (A Must !). and re-formed as required the ones behind headlight.
Both wiring hardness junction boxes had to be moved up to the top triple clamp level . Start/Ing' wires have to behind OD' bracket / like clutch cable. and Turn signal junction box at top Retaining clip . and yes a little funky , but it Works !!!
My Front brake line was not at stock location anymore (Pic' 9) So not sure about stock location re-routing (Remove fender clip ? )
Pic' 10 is New Bar Height and can actually use the mirrors now that there just slightly over the stock location / shoulder blocking view .
Clutch Cable routing Pic's 3 & 4
Gas Cable Pic' 5
Start/Ign' Harness Pic's 6 & 7
Turn Signal Harness Pic' 8
Front brake line Pic' 9

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I Just re-moved the 2 Allen screws at "A" and pull it up off the 2 bottom pins , and set in back down started on the pins tilted forward as far as possible and all the wiring will keep it from falling forward or off . and leave everything all hooked up except what you need to re-route

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just looked at original post and these should help :wink2:

Removed right side cable retaining clip behind tank (A Must !).
Pic's 1 & 2
Both wiring hardness junction boxes had to be moved up to the top triple clamp level .
Start/Ing' wires have to behind odometer' bracket / like clutch cable.so removed bolt at Pic 3 and just loosened other side enough to run start/Ing wires behind bracket.
and Turn signal junction box at top Retaining clip needs opened up a little. and yes a little funky , Pic 4... but it Works !!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking good. Does it feel like a bigger bike now?
Sorry splicer ..just sent this link in a PM to another member and didn't notice there was a page 2 until now :confused:
But ya ..... the ergonomics, If you close your eyes you would think your on a full size bike and not a mini, except for the foot pegs , but theirs a free mod for that if your interested .

·
Registered
78 Posts
I put 30mm risers on the stock bars and noticed a big difference, I can only imagine that this setup would be that much better!! What is the footpeg hack you speak of? I purchased PSR flip pegs and that helped get my knees into the fairing better, but would like to hear what you did as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I apologize if i'm just not seeing the info, but what fender are you using on the front? I don't care for the oem style or the giant air dam below the front of the motor.

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts