Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did the gear go for you? What was your top speed and are you still running it?
16 was too tall. Top speed was actually less than with the 15T. Went back to 15T after a couple of days. Will probably stay that way for now. Well, until a turbo or supercharger kit is available..

·
Registered
347 Posts
yep I lost top speed too
even bombed the steepest hill here and never hit limiter and I think lost 3-4 mph top speed

some will say it somehow corrects the speedo thats why you think you loose top speed
okay maybe
but the rpm's don't lie, and yes I know it lowers the rpm's too
but I can feel its slower and thats all that matters

you would think a steep down hill full throttle run at some point would rev out high enough to hit the limiter

I just think for my weight, engine size I can't use the 16 yet

im only saving it for when I big bore, hopefully get some use out of the extra power to make it worth using

sadly it was such a huge hassle trying to find the 16t
one of the main suppliers everyone was using just decided to take it off the market right when I was looking for one
so I had to search and search and found one for like $10 more

I did contact that company that stopped making them and told them it will fit the z and they did look into that, went back a forth with some emails
and I think they will put back out for sale as they had to confirm it really fit the z which they told me they confirmed it

but for me was too late by then

1 - 7 of 7 Posts