Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After learning from other members here , It looked like a 15 teeth front counter sprocket was the best choice for my particular needs . I needed higher gearing in 1st gear for hill climbing to help keep up more momentum (which helps !) because the steeper hills are to much for 2nd gear.

Actually I didn't notice it much , and I never get up passed 45 mph around here so i don't know what it did to the top end yet.
But what it did do is something I didn't expect . and well worth the change for me.
while trail riding in 1st 2nd and 3rd most the time , it took out a lot of the Jerky throttle response from being geared lower .A Much Smother transition between gears now . for that reason alone i'll keep it on .:D
I have snap ring pliers in the shed but its just as easy to lift and walk it around as you go.

the 15T has a bigger radius of .075 so I Trimmed the case saver 1/16" just in case , and trimmed the bottom of the guard back 1 1/2" or it rubs .
And YES' all pic's are in work shots , I de-burr , clean and re-paint everything before re-assembly ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
After learning from other members here , It looked like a 15 teeth front counter sprocket was the best choice for my particular needs . I needed higher gearing in 1st gear for hill climbing to help keep up more momentum (which helps !) because the steeper hills are to much for 2nd gear.

Actually I didn't notice it much , and I never get up passed 45 mph around here so i don't know what it did to the top end yet.
But what it did do is something I didn't expect . and well worth the change for me.
while trail riding in 1st 2nd and 3rd most the time , it took out a lot of the Jerky throttle response from being geared lower .A Much Smother transition between gears now . for that reason alone i'll keep it on .:D
I have snap ring pliers in the shed but its just as easy to lift and walk it around as you go.

the 15T has a bigger radius of .075 so I Trimmed the case saver 1/16" just in case , and trimmed the bottom of the guard back 1 1/2" or it rubs .
And YES' all pic's are in work shots , I de-burr , clean and re-paint everything before re-assembly ;)
II have been trying to get a 15t countershaft sprocket through my local dealer , been waiting 2 months now, he says back order, anyone know where i can get one before the summers over?

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Other vendors.

Or check other vendors on this page

1 - 6 of 6 Posts