Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Z back from the tuner and I am very happy with the results. Never thought I would be able to power wheelie the Z. :grin2:

Power mods:
143cc power package
Lightened primary
HD Clutch
Chimera Intake
Yosh exhaust
PCV
custom dyno tune

Blue line is everything before the tune. Red is after the custom tune.
IMG_0243 by Colt Anderson, on Flickr
Scan by Colt Anderson, on Flickr

·
Registered
81 Posts
My TB 143cc kit is on the way.I opted for the 143 base kit.
I'm stoked to see how close i can get to your numbers. . :nerd:

·
Vendor
752 Posts
It includes the head, and that's a big part of where the sweet gains are made. Add the stroker crank for a whole different animal...

·
Vendor
752 Posts
Gotcha.

I was assuming he meant something like this as a base kit.

https://tboltusa.com/store/tbparts-143cc-big-bore-kit-br-drz110-klx110-z125-p-1649.html

Yes this is the kit that i got with a stroker crank. Will be doing a port and polish of the stock head. All way under the $600 bucks for the TB143 big head v2 kit.
Being honest, I hate to say, way under performing our kit with head too. The OE head is HORRIBLE. We’ve had extensive time testing all forms of these kits from the stand alone cylinder, to the full tilt monster, stock, and can sell any set-up a buyer wants, but the value is in the full kit...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes this is the kit that i got with a stroker crank. Will be doing a port and polish of the stock head. All way under the $600 bucks for the TB143 big head v2 kit.
I’m curious about numbers with that setup. Definitely get a dyno of that.

·
Registered
875 Posts
.. and can sell any set-up a buyer wants...
Does that include sending you my motor and having you drop in the stroker kit? Not something I am comfortable doing myself and not even sure how I would go about finding a shop to do it (correctly).

·
Vendor
752 Posts
Does that include sending you my motor and having you drop in the stroker kit? Not something I am comfortable doing myself and not even sure how I would go about finding a shop to do it (correctly).
You'd waste a fortune in shipping and insurance. It's not hard if you know what's going on. Certainly something any reputable shop local to you can handle.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just first for now. I think my hd clutch is going out because I can’t clutch it up in second.

The bike is at the tuner right now. Getting the tune redone since I added the ninja 300 injector and the Andrew Motorsports 27.5mm throttle body.

I’ll update with the new numbers.

·
Registered
875 Posts
No oil cooler? I thought an oil cooler is almost mandatory on the Groms. Is that not true with the Z?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No oil cooler here. I don't think it is mandatory on a Z..... at least from what I've seen on other set ups.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts