Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got the TB 143 BBK installed, and now ive got some questions.
1. Was the idle wanting to die even after your tune? we adusted it, reset TPS, yet it still wants to die. sometimes it will idle ither times it wont.
2. How the hell do i get the check engine light off? Weve tried the riding reset, o2 sensor is bueno, and we are stumped
3. Lots of low end loss. any way to fix this? even after the tune,
4. we are hitting rev limiter in 4th, red lining at 67mph, we are considering throwing a 5spd trans on it, has anyone done this with this set up?
5. Will the auto tune for the PCV be better on it or off, being that we had it dyno tuned today?

Just some info on the bike:
15.4 Horsepower via dyno chart
2018 225 miles
MNNTHBX M-take
Hot bodies exhaust
TB 143 kit
Power Commander V

·
Vendor
668 Posts
1. It should idle fine.
2. It shouldn't trigger any engine light.
3. You have to have a bad tune in it That kit makes WAY more bottom end power than the stock bore. Not even close.
4. Once you fix 1-3, I'd change to taller gearing if you need the speed.
5. We don't use Power Commander, so I'm not the best to speak on this, but I'd try the auto tune, and see what it's wanting to do down low. Based on #3, it sounds like whoever did your tune, didn't do that great of a job.

·
Registered
130 Posts
So i got the TB 143 BBK installed, and now ive got some questions.
1. Was the idle wanting to die even after your tune? we adusted it, reset TPS, yet it still wants to die. sometimes it will idle ither times it wont.
2. How the hell do i get the check engine light off? Weve tried the riding reset, o2 sensor is bueno, and we are stumped
3. Lots of low end loss. any way to fix this? even after the tune,
4. we are hitting rev limiter in 4th, red lining at 67mph, we are considering throwing a 5spd trans on it, has anyone done this with this set up?
5. Will the auto tune for the PCV be better on it or off, being that we had it dyno tuned today?

Just some info on the bike:
15.4 Horsepower via dyno chart
2018 225 miles
MNNTHBX M-take
Hot bodies exhaust
TB 143 kit
Power Commander V
Are you using a 02 eliminator?
If not get one from Kawasaki brad he’s on this forum.
It fixed my bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. It should idle fine.
2. It shouldn't trigger any engine light.
3. You have to have a bad tune in it That kit makes WAY more bottom end power than the stock bore. Not even close.
4. Once you fix 1-3, I'd change to taller gearing if you need the speed.
5. We don't use Power Commander, so I'm not the best to speak on this, but I'd try the auto tune, and see what it's wanting to do down low. Based on #3, it sounds like whoever did your tune, didn't do that great of a job.
Well, I feel like I made the initial mistake in buying the PCV. And my tuner said that he wasn’t able to tune the low end AT ALL. He said with just the PCV (no autotune), and the o2 sensor plugged in, he wasn’t able to touch the low end because it kept resetting itself to 0.

I also can’t find maps for my set up ANYWHERE.
I would love to have a map that has my exact set up but literally can’t find it out there, because then I could download and go. But never that easy. Idk what the auto tuner will do. If it’ll fix anything or **** up the map already in place. Who knows. All I know is I’m frustrated with the whole thing right now because no one can tell me what’s up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I feel like I made the initial mistake in buying the PCV. And my tuner said that he wasn’t able to tune the low end AT ALL. He said with just the PCV (no autotune), and the o2 sensor plugged in, he wasn’t able to touch the low end because it kept resetting itself to 0.

I would love to have a map that has my exact set up but literally can’t find it out there, because then I could download and go. But never that easy. Idk what the auto tuner will do. If it’ll fix anything or **** up the map already in place. Who knows. All I know is I’m frustrated with the whole thing right now because no one can tell me what’s up.
and, I have to rev up to 3-4K just to take off in first, I can’t roll off the clutch anymore.

·
Vendor
668 Posts

I've heard this before, that the PCV won't tune both open and closed loop. Having not used their product, I find that hard to believe, as nobody would want a tuner that only controls 80%+ throttle openings... Does the PCV not come with a ground-out harness for the oxygen sensor? That tuner/tune is without question your problem, I'm just curious if it's not the installation and tuning that's the problem, and not the product itself. I would encourage you to do the product research, and reach out to the seller for further info before you spend more money. I can say as fact though, because we use and sell more than anyone in the US, the Bazzaz includes the required ground, tunes 100% of the throttle range, and we have a library of custom maps we provide customers that are spot-on plug and play performance for the Z in all forms, including the 143. Being Bazzaz's only legitimate competition, surely to goodness the PCV can do the same...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I were to buy a bazaaz from y’all, could I get one with a map that’s already installed with my current set up? I would be very interested in doing so if we could.

and if you have a map, is there even a need for the auto tuner?

being so new to this, it’s been very difficult to find the info I need on it, without shelling out the 350 again to have them with the bike. No doubt my dyno tuner sucked when it came to explaining and working with it, but I just need help making the informed decisions because it seems there are so few people that can really help me with the right direction for this bike.

on my harley, there’s 50 people within 20 miles, but with the Z I’d be lucky to find one in Dallas.

·
Vendor
668 Posts
If I were to buy a bazaaz from y’all, could I get one with a map that’s already installed with my current set up? I would be very interested in doing so if we could.

and if you have a map, is there even a need for the auto tuner?

being so new to this, it’s been very difficult to find the info I need on it, without shelling out the 350 again to have them with the bike. No doubt my dyno tuner sucked when it came to explaining and working with it, but I just need help making the informed decisions because it seems there are so few people that can really help me with the right direction for this bike.

on my harley, there’s 50 people within 20 miles, but with the Z I’d be lucky to find one in Dallas.
Yes, we provide free maps to our customers, and in most cases, you'll have no need for the auto tuner.

·
Registered
130 Posts
What was wrong with your bike prior to the fix? Engine light? Idle?
It wouldn’t idle very well.
I’m running Bazzaz with auto tune I got it from Mnnthbx.
With the Bazzaz and auto tune it has a set up that has a 02 eliminator but
You still have the stock 02 sensor hooked up but not in the exhaust pipe.
What happened with mine is that the stock 02 sensor craped out and my light came back on and was not running as good so I got the 02 eliminator from Brad then built a new map.
My bike goes really well and no light.

·
Registered
103 Posts
When I first installed my 143, Mtake and Bazzaz the check engine light stayed on for about 100k's (60 miles) and then went off.

I did the Bazzaz with map from mnnthbx for my tune and it worked great. Then I upgraded to the 155 by isnatlling the crank, upgraded map from mnnthbx for the new setup into the Bazzaz and my mates who did the crank at their Kawasaki dealership slightly tweaked the map (for Australian fuel etc) run it on the dyno and it runs great. When I installed the 143 there was more power everywhere in the rev range, the 155 has even more, everywhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, we provide free maps to our customers, and in most cases, you'll have no need for the auto tuner.
I’d like to give y’all a call in the morning to place an order. What’s a phone number I could reach you at? I tried calling the different offices today and kept getting looped around and hung up on.

·
Vendor
668 Posts
I’d like to give y’all a call in the morning to place an order. What’s a phone number I could reach you at? I tried calling the different offices today and kept getting looped around and hung up on.
Not sure who you called. We don’t have a shop line or receptionist. Hit us up at [email protected] with your phone, and we’ll give you a shout.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts