Let's talk bike covers for the Z - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By pmason718
  • 1 Post By JayGoldstein
  • 1 Post By pmason718
  • 1 Post By MrElusive
  • 1 Post By Ando
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 44
Let's talk bike covers for the Z

What are you using to your Z and where did you get it from I'm looking for a cover.
handamputation likes this.
pmason718 is offline  
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 06:29 PM
Junior Member
 
JayGoldstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmason718 View Post
What are you using to your Z and where did you get it from I'm looking for a cover.
My bike is kept in a carport and so is exposed to the elements. Based on previous experience I got the Dowco 51096-00 WeatherAll Plus (https://dowcopowersports.com/guardia...ver-grom-z125/) for the Z125.

The cover fits very snugly over the stock handlebars and mirrors. While putting the cover on the bike is a bit of a struggle, once it's on I don't worry about it being blown off.

In my circumstances the excellent protection offered by the WeatherAll Plus is worth the money (in my case, CAD$103 from amazon.ca). If you just need to keep dust off your bike I'm sure there are less expensive options.
handamputation likes this.

Jay
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
JayGoldstein is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGoldstein View Post
My bike is kept in a carport and so is exposed to the elements. Based on previous experience I got the Dowco 51096-00 WeatherAll Plus (https://dowcopowersports.com/guardia...ver-grom-z125/) for the Z125.

The cover fits very snugly over the stock handlebars and mirrors. While putting the cover on the bike is a bit of a struggle, once it's on I don't worry about it being blown off.

In my circumstances the excellent protection offered by the WeatherAll Plus is worth the money (in my case, CAD$103 from amazon.ca). If you just need to keep dust off your bike I'm sure there are less expensive options.
My bike is in the garage I'm just looking to keep the dust off any suggestions.
handamputation likes this.
pmason718 is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 04:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 42
I've got this thing:






It's like a canvas, very light duty, but I keep my Z125 in the garage and this keeps the dust off it nicely and the orange matches my Z.
handamputation likes this.
MrElusive is online now  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 09:49 PM
Member
 
handamputation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrElusive View Post
I've got this thing:


https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1


It's like a canvas, very light duty, but I keep my Z125 in the garage and this keeps the dust off it nicely and the orange matches my Z.

That looks nice, but also HUGE! Does it swallow your bike whole?!
handamputation is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 09:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Zaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmason718 View Post
My bike is in the garage I'm just looking to keep the dust off any suggestions.
If your bike is in the garage, an old queen size sheet should do the job keeping dust off it.

I've got a couple full size motorcycle covers around and the Z125 is too small for all of them. You might consider scooter covers.
Zaph is online now  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 44
I can't believe we don't have one member on here with a really nice fitting cover
pmason718 is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 03:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Ando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: MN
Posts: 793
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmason718 View Post
I can't believe we don't have one member on here with a really nice fitting cover
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmason718 View Post
My bike is in the garage I'm just looking to keep the dust off any suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
If your bike is in the garage, an old queen size sheet should do the job keeping dust off it. You might [also] consider scooter covers.
Uhh.... I thought we were done here? ;]

Dropped a gear... . . . . . . . . . . ...still here
Ando is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 11:29 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: East Central Illinois
Posts: 55
I just let the wind blow the dust off when I take it for a ride. I do hose it down after the yearly oil change though.
tbswope is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 02:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Ando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: MN
Posts: 793
Garage
To be fair we don't know how much traffic is in said garage. I was pretty shocked at how much dust got everywhere in our apartment parking days, even in the storage room. That's why I have covers, but they are motorcycle sized.

Zaph's suggestion of scooter covers is spot on, a huge number of scooters are used for commuting in other parts of the world, and not many of them get to live in garages. I'd imagine there are oodles to choose from.

Also not sure what you mean by "really nice fitting cover". Are you thinking of model specific car covers but for bikes? Most motorcycle covers look like the aforementioned bed sheets. Good ones are waterproof bedsheets with vents to prevent moisture build up underneath, nicer ones have heat resistant areas so you can throw them on a hot bike, great ones will be water and wind proof from all directions. But they all end up making your bike look like a blob.

Hopefully that helps more than my sarcastic post. I think you are just overthinking it. If you don't want your bike dusty, put something on top of it, otherwise, just wash it off in the spring like the rest of us. =] It's part of the ritual.
tbswope likes this.

Dropped a gear... . . . . . . . . . . ...still here
Ando is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome