Rear Rack and Cargo Box Recommendation - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By crakerjac
  • 1 Post By red hawk

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Rear Rack and Cargo Box Recommendation

Hi,

I have searched older threads on this forum but I am not finding any solid conclusions.

Does anybody have any recommendation for a good rear cargo rack and cargo box that works and is easy to install?

I did find this but it says instructions in Japanese?

https://japan.webike.net/products/23376577.html

Also, do rear carriers require me to drill into the bike? It looks like the one I linked goes to where the rear passenger foot pegs bolt into.

Thanks,
MrElusive
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 12:30 AM

Garage
Shouldn't need much in the way of instructions. Looks like it bolts to the tail light assembly, and passenger pegs.

My site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 10:17 PM

Theres a rack on Amazon that I installed on my friends bike. It cost about 100 bucks and just mounts to the 4 bolts where the rear fender goes.

For a cargo box, use a medium Apache case from harbor freight. it's a pelican knockoff, and a **** good one for about 20 bucks. Just drill it and bolt it to the rack.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 01:35 PM

My redneck grocery getter....
Ando and Azlar49 like this.

[This space for rent]
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM

awesome color, haven't seen that one yet. rack looks good I've thought about getting myself one
crakerjac likes this.

'18 Z125
'14 M1200
'04 CR250R
'87 XR250R

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, “Wow what a ride!”
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 09:49 AM

Thanks. I ended up paying a little 'extra' to get the 2019 orange over the 2018 red. Both look great, but I'm a sucker for orange.

The rack, as purchased off Amazon/eBay is alright. The last one I had got bent almost right off the bat.. I think someone thought it would be cool to lean/sit on the rack to test its rigidity for me... This time around, I had some supports welded on and since the origional finish was a little more than spray paint, I had it powdercoaded in a textured finish and looks nearly identical to the rough finish on other (plastic) parts of the bike. If you can't tell, I am stoked how it turned out. I wish the tubing on the rack itself wasn't cheap hollow tubing, but having a whole rack fabricated from scratch would have cost me a small fortune... and I already have more into this than I care to admit...

[This space for rent]
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 04:28 PM

Garage
I might have used bed liner vs the powder coat, should be really durable but will fade to white-ish fairly quickly.

My site:

Youtube channel:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page