(ANY SUGGESTIONS) Highcomp 12:1 + ignition coil + big throttle + super starter SP Tak - Kawasaki Z125 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

(ANY SUGGESTIONS) Highcomp 12:1 + ignition coil + big throttle + super starter SP Tak

Hi dude..i planned to do highcomp 12:1 from Kitaco..but i've some questions..

1. Is it must to adding an oil coller?
2. Is it must to replace ignition coil?
3. Is it must to replace starter dynamo with super starter?
4. And how big is the impact if replacing the big throttle? Is it worth to replace?

Thanks for respons..
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:30 AM

Garage
In regard to #3, are you using a cam that has decompression built in? If you have a cam with decompression, then the starter should be fine. Cams are important when going up in compression ratio, they let you use the power that is possible.

#1 I think this is always a good plan, these little machines work so very hard that a little extra cooling can't be a bad thing.

#2 I doubt this will be much of an effect, but I guess it is possible. And especially if you are running a wider gap on the plug. I would suggest a one number colder plug, maybe two colder because of the compression increase.

#4 are you using the stock head? People say the stock head is very poor with airflow. So if you are using the stock head, I doubt a larger throttle is going to do anything. That said, Mikuni rates the TM24 carb (24mm) at up to 20 horsepower. This leads me to think that there isn't much need to increase the throttle, intake, and port sizes much beyond 24mm. Would I try to smooth out any casting flaws in the stock head? Absolutely! Would I clean up the area around the valves (deshroud)? Again without question. Would I look for other areas where I could see obvious flow issues? Yes I would. And would I dimple the intake and port (and probably valve? Yes. In fact I have on my other small bike Final - Project 2 10/6/16 updated and New carburetor and manifold/mount. There are 3 parts of the new carb build, take a look around because there are other engine building tips like setting squish band.

After that you are into a race head, and I haven't found too many designed for the 125cc displacement.

And all this said, are you going to make HUGE power after all this? Well that depends on your definition of huge power. Will you see 1 or 2 horsepower increase? Maybe, and that is a huge percentage of the stock power.

Other things you will need: Fuel controller, exhaust, air filter or intake mod. Without doing these extra things, there will be no power to be gained.

My site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 06:22 PM

I had a the hi compression setup before going to the bigger bore, it ran fine stock computer and all, there was a noticeable difference in power but if I rode wot 63-64 mph it would get warm anf the computer would slow the bike down to 45ish till it would cool down

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
In regard to #3, are you using a cam that has decompression built in? If you have a cam with decompression, then the starter should be fine. Cams are important when going up in compression ratio, they let you use the power that is possible.

#1 I think this is always a good plan, these little machines work so very hard that a little extra cooling can't be a bad thing.

#2 I doubt this will be much of an effect, but I guess it is possible. And especially if you are running a wider gap on the plug. I would suggest a one number colder plug, maybe two colder because of the compression increase.

#4 are you using the stock head? People say the stock head is very poor with airflow. So if you are using the stock head, I doubt a larger throttle is going to do anything. That said, Mikuni rates the TM24 carb (24mm) at up to 20 horsepower. This leads me to think that there isn't much need to increase the throttle, intake, and port sizes much beyond 24mm. Would I try to smooth out any casting flaws in the stock head? Absolutely! Would I clean up the area around the valves (deshroud)? Again without question. Would I look for other areas where I could see obvious flow issues? Yes I would. And would I dimple the intake and port (and probably valve? Yes. In fact I have on my other small bike Final - Project 2 10/6/16 updated and New carburetor and manifold/mount. There are 3 parts of the new carb build, take a look around because there are other engine building tips like setting squish band.

After that you are into a race head, and I haven't found too many designed for the 125cc displacement.

And all this said, are you going to make HUGE power after all this? Well that depends on your definition of huge power. Will you see 1 or 2 horsepower increase? Maybe, and that is a huge percentage of the stock power.

Other things you will need: Fuel controller, exhaust, air filter or intake mod. Without doing these extra things, there will be no power to be gained.
Wow thats a complete explanation..thanks dude..btw a had fuel controller (pcv dynojet) and brocks exhaust..i planned to do an intake, but i always worry bout the water and other particles which can go into the machine from the open filter, since i use my Z for daily..

FYI i came from indonesia, the climate is tropic and i always faced trafficjam..bcause of that, i planned to do an oil cooler..what do you think bout MORIN? Since i read a review from this forum that th hose is so small..

Bout the head..i hv an offer from a mechanic to do a porting polish..how do you think bout that? Bcause its hard to get a Z part here..
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls13ater View Post
I had a the hi compression setup before going to the bigger bore, it ran fine stock computer and all, there was a noticeable difference in power but if I rode wot 63-64 mph it would get warm anf the computer would slow the bike down to 45ish till it would cool down
Wow so the oil cooler its a must to do right?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 10:53 AM

Garage
That might have been a stock air:fuel issue too where a fuel controller should let you run rich enough to keep temperatures down a bit. An oil cooler should help, but not sure which one yet.

My site:

Youtube channel:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page