Defective Product / Fork Pre-load adjusters - Page 3 - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2019, 08:33 PM

Garage
Hmmm, seems that some websites need to be updated then.

My site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Probably not going to happen I've contacted 3 different top vendors with these type of issues recently.

Funny thing ... all 3 said the exact same thing "oh wow, first i heard of that"
Happened again last night !

Yet all 3 still carry these products ...Yes I check daily hoping one of them will put quality and there reputation before profit.

When 5 or more people post about the same problem about a product It's not a fluke. And vendors and manufactures watch there forums and Facebook

I dont expect vendors to test and know if every product does what it says it does.

BUT .. Once informed and they continue to sell these products They get scratched of my list .

BUYER BEWARE I GUESS

Kaw'ee

Old 06-17-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw'ee View Post
BUT .. Once informed and they continue to sell these products They get scratched of my list .

BUYER BEWARE I GUESS
This ^^. I got burned by a very popular vendor in the mini scene. Filled me full of false information, and then when I called them out after receiving the product, they got all bent out of shape and told me not to order from them anymore....

Most of these guys are just selling parts from Asia and don't have any REAL knowledge about the products they sell... Other than what goes into the videos they do on the demo bikes.

It's a bummer about the Racing Bros forks. I was hoping that since it was a full drop in kit, they would have figured out a way to make the damping adjustable from the fork caps... Wonder if the OG Grom forks are the same way...

[This space for rent]

Old 06-17-2019, 04:39 PM

Garage
I think having a fully adjustable setup is doable but not at the cost they are selling these to us at the moment. I think these bikes are "cheap" and therefore the thinking is the market is not as big AND people who do upgrade wouldn't put a third or more of what the bike is worth. But they clearly havn't met us :P

Ride Safe
Old 06-17-2019, 07:38 PM

Yeah... consider that the "good" cartridge inserts I put in my Ninja 300 race bike were around $1200. (K-tech) My rear shock was in the 4 digits range for that bike too.

We may all be just asking too much from a bike like this and the market that supports it. How many suspension kits is MNNTHBX or Steady Garage going to sell if they all cost $1200 each...

Anyway... my suspension is still stock and I'm doing ok with it. For me, thicker fork oil up front and full preload crank in back is enough for me to haul my big ass around the kart track with a decent pace. Vendors like to go on about how their products "transform the bike". That line has become a cliche. There is nothing special about the OEM suspension, but it does work fine.

The sad truth is the majority of people buy suspension for bling purposes rather than just improving their bike anyway. That's why the non-adjustable Ohlins are popular. Then people can say "I have Ohlins on my bike".
Old 06-17-2019, 09:09 PM

Garage
I'm still thinking about opening the stock shock so I can change the oil. Better yet if I could make it a piston and use an external compression and rebound system. Stock class says must use stock shock body but internal mods are OK. Just wish it was easier to get inside the stupid thing.

My site:

Youtube channel:
Old 06-18-2019, 10:34 AM

Anyone located in NY? I reached out to K-tech about springs for the Z125 and they said they have not had a Z in their shop but would be interested to see if they can make something work for our bikes. I know springs help the Groms quite a bit, would that still be the case with the Z even though our stock springs are stiffer? Anyone close to K-tech want to reach out and do the community a solid?

[This space for rent]
Old 06-18-2019, 12:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
Anyone located in NY? I reached out to K-tech about springs for the Z125 and they said they have not had a Z in their shop but would be interested to see if they can make something work for our bikes. I know springs help the Groms quite a bit, would that still be the case with the Z even though our stock springs are stiffer? Anyone close to K-tech want to reach out and do the community a solid?
You can put spacers to stiffen up the ride but the stock setup is just mush and jumps up like a pogo stick.

I went into a quick chicane at the track last year with the bike still stock minus lights and horn. Went left and flicked back to right and my front came of the ground and I just rain straight off at that point. You can try this at your house with the bike level (off the side stand) and push it down and it goes down very quick and flies right back up.

Ride Safe
Old 06-18-2019, 12:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlar49 View Post
You can try this at your house with the bike level (off the side stand) and push it down and it goes down very quick and flies right back up.
Not sure why I need to simulate this, I experience it every single time I stop the bike. ;] The motion of this happening isn't particularly smooth either, it typically jumps in 1-2 inch bites instead of smooth movement. It's whatever on the street, but I agree I would NEED something better for track use.

Dropped a gear... ...still here
Old 06-18-2019, 01:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
Not sure why I need to simulate this, I experience it every single time I stop the bike. ;] The motion of this happening isn't particularly smooth either, it typically jumps in 1-2 inch bites instead of smooth movement. It's whatever on the street, but I agree I would NEED something better for track use.
Yep it was fine the first time at the track as I was taking it easy on the new bike. The second time I went out about half way into the day I was going full stride and that jolted me awake.... Glad I was able to recover and just roll straight.

With the ohlins the front is stiff now, it goes down and rebounds much slower. It might be a bit stiff for my weight at the moment but I'll find out if it needs further adjustments as the year goes. I was trying to dial in the rear suspension last track day. Tires should be the next upgrade this year I think and hopefully this bike is set

Ride Safe