More money - Kawasaki Z125 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

More money

Tidy tail with OEM signals and rearsets/it's nice not having my knees rubbing on the tank flairing anymore 🙂
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190719_1239143~2_1563624558626.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	23637  
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 10:05 AM

I'm also going to brave the high humidity and 100 degree temperature today to get my Tidy Tail on and change the oil in the bike for the first time.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 07:34 PM

Garage
Looks good! What rearsets are those?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 01:31 AM

Garage
Looks like Asian cheapos. great alternative in the sense if you crash often they are cheaper to replace. However I haven't tried them myself and I put the driven ones.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fits-Kawasak...dDJdT&LH_BIN=1

Ride Safe
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

To correct you,there Japanese
cheapo's. $103 CAD to my door,seem to work fine,they even fit good 🙂
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 08:07 PM

Garage
Last I checked Japan was still located in Asia.

No sense in calling someone else's parts "cheap".

If you can afford top notch parts and that's what makes you happy, good for you. If you are happy with "cheap" parts that are better than OEM ergonomically or aesthetically or in performance, also good for you. Save the shaming for church.

There's a lot of riders out there that would consider the Z125 to be an "Asian Cheapo".

Dropped a gear... . . . . . . . . . . ...still here
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:09 PM

Garage
I thought those might be Arashi ones. I have been looking at rearsets and the Driven ones seem to be the best, but that price tag! Thanks maybe I'll pick some of these up. They look great on your Z!

SWMO
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:17 PM

Garage
I wasn't shaming and apologies if it sounded that way. I just stated I haven't used them myself to provide any feedback, with that said the driven footpegs are an arm and a leg when they snap of, hence my comment about buying these "cheapos" because if you crash its cheaper to replace the whole rearset and have extra parts out of it and that is something I have done at the track previously and many of the club members I race with do. Motorcycling and even racing is already an expensive sport nothing wrong with saving some money with cheapo alternatives

Speaking of snaping a footpeg, the z went down at the track as I got squeezed of the track coming out of a turn and the driven footpeg is going to kill my wallet!

Ride Safe
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 11:21 AM

Garage
Gotcha, apologies for assuming then!

It is all relative. I hadn't checked the price tag of the Driven rearset until now. Wow!

I'm not used to continually repairing bikes that way, heck, I still have some cosmetic damage on my big bike from the previous owner that I haven't bothered fixing so I am the ultimate cheapo. =P

Someday I'd like to take the Z to the track. I haven't found any corners tight enough on the streets.

Dropped a gear... . . . . . . . . . . ...still here
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 12:43 PM

Garage
I like the Arashi sets on my bike, but haven't crashed yet and looking like I won't even be able to ride this year. Arashi was quick to respond to me when I had questions, and they did say they had parts you could order. But having complete extra sets makes for quick repair.

One thing I did was to put on some cheap folding pegs, hoping that it would reduce the damage. Still going to break off the shifter or brake lever though.

My site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page