Oil Temp Gage - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Oil Temp Gage

To help in my Jetting and keep a eye on engine temps i picked up a oil temp gage from TBPARTS
https://tboltusa.com/store/tbparts-d...0-p-10238.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3708 (2).JPG
Views:	40
Size:	316.4 KB
ID:	23259  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kaw'ee
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 12:39 PM

Garage
Note that oil temp is extremely slow, you'd be better off with cylinder head temp.

My site:

Youtube channel:
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Still have my Trail Tech
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TEMP GAGE 6.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	290.0 KB
ID:	23261  

Kaw'ee

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Would not recommend the TBolt temp gauge

The stock cap is flat with a .100 thick o-ring and the case has a .070 counterbore = .030 squash for the o-ring (good)

The TBolt cap/gauge has a .060 counter-bore for the o-ring so with the .070 counter-bore in the case theres no squash on the o-ring

The o-ring must help keep the cap/gage tight. because it came loose 3 times while riding

Stuffed 2 o-rings on it but not a good long term scenario . will only use it for testing purposes but would have liked to keep it in at all times

Kaw'ee

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 09:35 PM

Garage
Thicker o ring?

My site:

Youtube channel:
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I have the 500 O-Ring assortment kit and the .090 was the thickest one In it for that diameter.

I do want to run it so i look on line for one ...

Point also was i shouldn't have to go through that for 45 Bucks !

I contacted the vendor and they said "gee, thats the first i heard or that " I will contact the mfg about that ,

Yes I have photo !

Going to call and pretend to order one next week and ask if theres any issues with them,,

Kaw'ee

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 12:16 PM

Garage
Probably going to have to go to McMaster Carr and you may need to look in both imperial and metric sizes. How big is the ring that you have? I have a bunch of Harley o rings sitting around, made a mistake with my oil pump and had to buy another whole gasket set to fix it, might have a few that will work (if I can find them). Might have some from my Kayo, bu none of those sets are with me right now.

My site:

Youtube channel:
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 12:41 PM

Huh... I looked at that oil temp gauge when I was ordering my BBK... but my case design is different than your and wouldn't work... What year is your Z? My 2018 and 2019 US (cal and non-cal spec) models look like this.
Kaw'ee likes this.

[This space for rent]
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 01:04 PM

Garage
Also check McMaster-Carr (or similar) for backup rings. This isn't their explicit purpose, but it should add a little thickness to the assembly and get you the compression you are looking for.

@crakerjac : What difference/incompatibility are you seeing? Those cases look the same to me. My '17 and '18 also look the same to me, though I've only been intimate with the '17 case beyond checking/filling oil.

Dropped a gear... . . . . . . . . . . ...still here

Last edited by Ando; 06-17-2019 at 01:07 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
How do you know it dosent work. From the Vendor ?
Assume you talking about it hitting the case raised rib, not the counterbore issue

I have the 1st release 2017 Z'
It has a different case and different push rod

Maybe why my clutch seems great to me when most others seem to not like theres ?

Heads up for those with 1st release if ordering these parts...

14032-0615-26M COVER-CLUTCH,F.M.GRAY ( - AX125AEA17832) 1st release
14032-0634-26M COVER-CLUTCH,F.M.GRAY ( AX125AEA17833 - )

13116-0724 ROD-PUSH ( - AX125AEA17832) 1st release
13116-0731 ROD-PUSH ( AX125AEA17833 - )

Kaw'ee

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page