6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
26mm Mikuni VM26 Carb'

First start today right out of the box.

No jetting, No setting anything, And fired right up
Still got to do a throttle and Jetting.
But the exhaust is putting out 3 times the blast pressure .. So ?
Unplugged all the TB sensors one at a time after it warmed up and no problems. Didnt have to jump or by-pass anything.

Will keep posting here on progress updates
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3611.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	299.6 KB
ID:	23051   Click image for larger version

Name:	YouTube.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	23055   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3609.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	323.4 KB
ID:	23057   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3623.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	23059  
MrEvilpirate and Ando like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kaw'ee
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 02:35 PM

Looking good man. What made you want to ditch EFI? Sorry if you posted this already I must have missed it.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Like you I just like doing projects and see if I can do it. Dont know anything about FI and I can tune this for 10 dollars worth of jets, Instead of 800 dollars of Fuel Controllers as well as no Fuel Injection costly repairs or problems in the future. Only doing a intake n exhaust like all my past bikes. not a big HP guy Just want a simple little street legal pit bike
MrEvilpirate likes this.

Kaw'ee

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:26 AM

How are you getting fuel to the carb? Did you drill the tank and add a petcock? Did you just leave fuel pump on the tank?

Totally agree with you on the tuning.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Installed a universal petcock.

Ran the tank vent line down back of frame for now
Have a cnc cap I'm making into a MX cap vent line from top of cap

And pulled just the fuel pump wires off the pump, so the oem gas gage still works
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GAS PETCOCK.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	23095   Click image for larger version

Name:	FUEL PUMP - Copy.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	23097  

Kaw'ee

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 01:28 PM

Can't wait to hear how it performs
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Finally got the smaller pilot jets today and got rid of the rich idle blubber and got this one run in, Engine temp looks good ... . maybe even go back up 1 size now, I have needle all the way down still since i was chasing a to rich pilot. . So will start raising that and go from there.Then go back up to biggest main in can put in.

No WOT throttle chop De-Cell pop, And Pulls hard on bottom end
Now to chase down the perfect jetting ...

I wasn't sure unplugging the DFI was part of my Blubber issue so hooked all the DFI sensors back up and tied the TB to the bike.. and will go back and un-hook them 1 at a time again after It's running top's

looking for any and all input on what you guys here, Guessing also gladly accepted
Ando likes this.

Kaw'ee

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:13 AM

Hey man I think it sounds pretty good! I've always sized the mains and gotten them right before tuning for idle jet and needle height, have I been doing it wrong? With only one cylinder tuning the idle mixture screw is much easier, do you use a clip on tach or are you old school and do it by ear? Your bike looks clean!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Ear & butt dyno
Not really when your just trying to fine tune a carb, but they all effect each other a little (pic) but when putting a new carb on and not knowing if its too big or too small for the bike I have to get it running close enough to ride it up to Top speed and hit the main. .. but trying to get rid of the too rich condition i keep the smallest main I had @ down 4 sises from what T-bolt recommended for a BBK KLX110.. Today i'm headed back up' on all the jets and the bike will only get faster . Then start the Plug Chops

I was going to be happy if it just ran right, but with the way its running I defiantly got to go get a dyno report.

Still in work' so not sure what all the ECU is going to do & not do. I could not hit rev limiter in 2nd or 3rd yesterday and RPMs was showing 11,000-12,000. seems to be bypassed so far ???
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Jetting.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	23237  

Kaw'ee

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 03:29 PM

Garage
I was going to ask if you thought it made more power. Why the 26 vs a 24mm? Mikuni rates the flat slide 24mm at up to 20 horsepower, I haven't looked at the VM26 so not sure what they rate it at. But with the TM24 I have way more headroom on my little KAYO than I'll ever need, no way that will ever get above 12 to 13hp unless I open the bore up a bunch. I'm guessing by the way it pulls now that I'm at about 11 or 12hp maximum, and that's with cam and high compression piston plus working on the intake to try and get the best flow.

My site:

Youtube channel:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page