Upgraded factory turn signals with LED bulbs - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Upgraded factory turn signals with LED bulbs

After doing a lot of research and looking at a bunch of aftermarket LED replacement turn signals I looked into just replacing the bulbs. As a lot of you know already you need to add the LED flasher relay or you get the "hyper flash". The other problem is that the factory turn signal indicator in the dash pod will not function if you go this route. I wanted to keep the stock turn signals as they are spread out more and wanted them for the visibility and safety reasons. So I pulled the trigger and ordered the Inertia LED replacement bulbs. These are canbus LED's meaning that they draw the full 10 watts just like the factory incandescent bulbs as they have an integrated resistors built into the PCB board. No need for an LED Flasher relay, turn signal indicator works in dash pod, and they are 700 lumens and very bright. They are pretty expensive ($50 a pair) but have a lifetime warranty. I would highly recommend them if you want true plug and play function as stock and have the added safety and visibility of the added brightness of the bulbs. You can order them through Amazon also, but were out of stock when I went to place my order. So I just ordered them directly from the manufacturer. The company is Inertia LED. I would have provided a link, but I don't have enough posts to do so yet!

2018 Z125 Pro KRT Edition...let the mods begin!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 11:32 AM

Garage
This is what showed up on Amazon for me / Got a part number ?
Inertia LED RY10W, BAU15S, 7507, 12093NA Motorcycle Can-bus Amber 10W LED Turn Signal Replacement Bulb | 120 Degree Base Pin | 100% Plug and Play/Error Free
They look like miniature satellites , do you get better cell service (Lol)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LED TURN 2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	20431   Click image for larger version

Name:	LED TURN 3.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	20433  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kaw'ee

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 11:47 AM

Garage
FYI, the TST flasher adapter lets the dash work properly on mine.

My site:

Youtube channel:

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 12:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
FYI, the TST flasher adapter lets the dash work properly on mine.
Have not heard they figured that out yet
All the original videos state they haven't figured that out yet .
Do you know if there is a new/different part number so everyone can make sure they got the ones that fixed that problem or did they just stay with the same part # / or maybe post up what you ordered and got ?
TST .... You here ?

Kaw'ee

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw'ee View Post
Inertia LED RY10W, BAU15S, 7507, 12093NA Motorcycle Can-bus Amber 10W LED Turn Signal Replacement Bulb | 120 Degree Base Pin | 100% Plug and Play/Error Free
Their website shows something a bit different.

'17 Z125 PRO - Candy Lime Green
Shorty LeversSeat Strap DeleteLED City & Tag LightsVagabond Fender Eliminator
90 Valve stems15wt Fork OilZOom Loop ExhaustHD Clutch KitProTaper Mini High w/ 1.25" Risers
ODI Lock-on Grips w/ KLX110 Throttle CamPT420MX ChainEbay SpoolsYoshi RS2 db KillerMictuning H4 LEDOE Intake

'07 Tuono Factory - Red Lion

Psalm 121
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 02:26 PM

Garage
Ya, it took me to PHIllIPS bulbs ?
Which ones did you get NfdBrian ?
edit / motorcycle guide gos to Philips / and shop now gos to type i showed .

Kaw'ee

Last edited by Kaw'ee; 08-04-2018 at 02:33 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 03:27 PM

Garage
Sorry, that was wrong... It is the Chrome Glow flasher adapter. I get three fast flashes with a pause and repeat. Electronic LED Turn Signal Flasher Relay for Kawasaki Z125 Pro

They claim normal flash rate, but that is not what I'm finding with front LED and rear incandescent. I may need to change the rear to plug in LED and see if the flash rate normalizes.

My site:

Youtube channel:
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw'ee View Post

Yes the RY10W is the correct part number. I was going to originally order them from Amazon as that's where I actually found them. Unfortunately they were out of stock so I ordered them directly from the manufacturer. Like I said they are a little pricey, but very bright and lifetime warranty and plug and play!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 10:10 PM

Stupid question, but are these sold in pairs?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 502Z125 View Post
Stupid question, but are these sold in pairs?
Yes these are sold in pairs.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page