Rear cargo rack - Page 2 - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I may end up fabricating something similar to yours. I've always been a bigger fan of ordering something someone else made (in case I want to complain about it, haha) but apparently the demand for rack systems isn't as big for this bike. Thanks for the idea!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 02:50 PM

I have the Kijima rack from Webike Japan installed on my own bike. You have to remove the tail cowl to use it.

On my wife's bike, I'm using this one from Zeed Parts (Thailand).
Kawasaki Z125 Pro Rear Carry Rack

It has been OK and the price is right. It bolts only through the fender holes on the underside.
rmil00021 likes this.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gctkaz View Post
I have the Kijima rack from Webike Japan installed on my own bike. You have to remove the tail cowl to use it.

On my wife's bike, I'm using this one from Zeed Parts (Thailand).
Kawasaki Z125 Pro Rear Carry Rack

It has been OK and the price is right. It bolts only through the fender holes on the underside.

Which do you like better? The Kijima or the Zeed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[This space for rent]

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 08:10 PM

Kijima vs Zeed, each has its pros and cons.

While I don't like that the tail cowl has to be removed on the Kijima, at the end of the day, being bolted from above and below give me more confidence with the Kijima rack for carrying heavy items.

Here are a few bullet points comparing each one:

Kijima (Webike Japan):
+ bolted onto the bike above and below the tail section
+ larger platform for more freedom to place a top case base plate
+ has those little mushroom pegs welded to the bottom, as extra bungee attachment points
- can make the seat hard to install and/or remove (push down hard to install, and also push down on it to relieve pressure on the latch when using the seat release, or you may bend the key!)

Zeed (Zeed Parts Thailand):
+ thick tubing for larger weld surface
+ does not affect the seat installation, no plastic to remove
+ also has mushroom pegs on underside for bungee attachment
+ nice price!
- only mounts to bottom, so make sure the bolts are torqued up tight! Will show a bit of flex with heavy loads.
- small platform combined with thick tubes limit the range of positions for installing a top case base plate

While I am fairly happy with both of them - if I had the money to start over, I would probably choose the Hurricane rack from Webike which looks much sturdier than either of these racks, but I cannot comment on that from personal experience.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gctkaz View Post
Zeed (Zeed Parts Thailand):
- only mounts to bottom, so make sure the bolts are torqued up tight! Will show a bit of flex with heavy loads.

Do you think the flex is coming from the rack or the 4 point mount on the bike? If something were to snap, I prefer it be the rack and not the subframe on the bike...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[This space for rent]
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 02:58 PM

Talked with Curtis Cages and they are going to fabricate a rack out the the same materials they make their 12 bars out of. I'll keep you guys posted. Hopefully we have a 'built in the USA' option that is sturdy enough to take whatever we can throw at it.

This is what we are going for. Obviously, my Photoshop skills are lacking, but you get the idea.

[This space for rent]
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 03:12 PM

Garage
But with that tail rack piece you will only be able to make it to 11:55! How tragic! ;]

Kidding aside, that would look really sharp for you crazy stunter types.

Dropped a gear... . . . . . . . . . . ...still here
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 03:33 PM

Just looking for something sturdy and not have to worry about losing my load as I go down the road. Not bending when I loop the Z is bonus points.

[This space for rent]

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page