Upgrading forks - Page 2 - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:46 AM

Garage
Depending on what the tool option from Steady Garage really is, for slightly less I found this "universal" tool for a bench vise:
https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/p...m-vise-insert/

You could probably use two C clamps to hold them together, or sacrifice some of the sizes to drill holes for through bolts to use as a clamp.

Looking back at the directions, you could probably take a couple of big hunks of aluminum and cut 2 sets of 60 degree V cuts in them (in pairs). Make sure the cuts are big enough to handle the biggest diameter for each size (39mm and 15mm). Should be pretty cheap and doesn't need to be great either since how often will you need to do this job???

You could also use common V blocks or even V clamps (think there is a vicegrip style for these).

I know some people have just used wood blocks from 2x2 or 2x4 or whatever is sitting around.

The 17mm hex wrench might be the harder tool to find, but not impossible.

My site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:54 AM

Garage
I need to get some of that loctite chapstick stuff! I've been using the gel stuff which is a lot cleaner than the liquid, but those paste versions look really clean.

My site:

Youtube channel:
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 02:26 PM

Garage
17mm allen or any allen for that matter can be made using a bolt and double nutting / Use the top double nut for tightening and use the bottom double nut for loosing .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3c.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	23325  
pistonpete likes this.

Kaw'ee

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 05:01 PM

Garage
I have a welder again, I'd just weld a couple of nuts together

Or a trip to Harbor Freight and buy a socket set for $20 that has them in it.

My site:

Youtube channel:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page