Brake Discs - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sleek240

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Brake Discs

Just thought I'd start a thread on brake discs in case anyone is looking to switch theirs out.

The Z125 comes with 200 mm single piston petal disc int eh front and 184 mm single piston petal disc in the rear. The rear is fine but I would like to change out the front one for something like a 220mm disc with hydraulic dual-piston brake caliper.

Is this doable?

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiGirl View Post
Just thought I'd start a thread on brake discs in case anyone is looking to switch theirs out.

The Z125 comes with 200 mm single piston petal disc int eh front and 184 mm single piston petal disc in the rear. The rear is fine but I would like to change out the front one for something like a 220mm disc with hydraulic dual-piston brake caliper.

Is this doable?
Shouldn't be a problem once someone makes an adapter plate to position the brake caliper farther out. They probably already exist in Thailand.

And there's most likely an existing Brembo caliper that will fit.

Never Trust The Living! Pull the Thread and See What Unravels....
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Trying to look up those Brembo calipers and while I'm on the configuration page, I'm not sure which model i should use as a basis for my brake search.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 12:29 PM

Patience young grasshopper. Once the Z125 hits the global market NA, Europe, etc), you'll be seeing more aftermarket parts and suppliers will start updating their sites.
Here's the set of brake discs for the Grom: Road Carbon Ceramic | Pads | Premium | Motorcycle Brakes Configurator
And some for the rear: HONDA | MSX GROM | 125 | 2014 | Pads | Motorcycle Brakes Configurator

They may work for the Z125.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 06:31 PM
WOT

We should even be seeing turbo kits come online or online at a much higher rate than they are right now, and I haven't seen any so far. But i'm sure someone over in Thailand is thinking about it, even making it happen as I type this.

Would you guys be interested in boosting your Z125 or keep performance where it's at currently?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOT View Post
We should even be seeing turbo kits come online or online at a much higher rate than they are right now, and I haven't seen any so far. But i'm sure someone over in Thailand is thinking about it, even making it happen as I type this.

Would you guys be interested in boosting your Z125 or keep performance where it's at currently?
If it is not too complicated to install and the cost is not too prohibitive, and there are no reliability issues, yes I will definitely consider.
WOT, What hp and torque gain can you expect with a turbo for motorcycles?
How come I very seldom see stock bikes wether big or small with turbo installed? Maybe there are issues with turbo's for motorcycles?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Generally turbochargers cost more than superchargers, maybe that's why you don't see many around but turbo kits should come out for the Z125. There's a huge mod community who will be interested.
Not sure about the specifics of installing one of how it'll affect reliability.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 08:18 PM

I'm thinking the first investment is a brake kit. Knowing how bad the Grom brakes were this would be my first choice. Hope fully a complete kit like Galfer offers for the Grom. Mnnthbx? Anything?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 09:06 PM

See Steady Garage for G Craft adapters and Brembo calipers.

Picture: https://instagram.com/p/BG6uUVMMyEq/
Bludc2 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page