Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

Lowering the Z125 without a stretch

15K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Zaph 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Composimo 4.5" lowering link can be used without stretching the Z?

If not, are there any alternatives that can drop the bike 1"-2"?

I already have a street seat on the way, but would like a little more drop.

#3 ·
Don't forget you will need to buy a shorter side stand or modify the stock one.

Why do people want these bikes to be lower? Is it pure aesthetics or is there a functional reason? If anything, I wish mine was taller and had more ground clearance, but I have long legs and like to ride off-road.

#8 ·
Unfortunately, i'm vertically challenged (5' 4"). I was told that a person of that height should be able to flatfoot but i've had no such luck /forum/images/smilies/frown.gif .
While its nice you really don't need to flat foot. As long as you can reach on both sides you should be safe.

Reactions: Fox Fader
#5 ·
Now that makes sense. I taught myself to ride on a KLR 650 and I was on my toes on it. It's not a fun way to learn.

A lower seat should help a lot, and you could probably go a bit smaller on the tires. Practice coming to a stop with your right foot on the brake and only putting your left foot down.

#11 ·
I'm looking for a lower seat. I only need about 2 inches. I can't find a seat anywhere online and I've looked everywhere.
I am 5'3" so that 2 inches lower will make a big difference in my feeling comfortable on the bike. I really don't want to screw around with the suspension if I don't have to. Any information would be greatly appreciate. Thanks guys :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.