4Likes
  • 3 Post By Z125Admin
  • 1 Post By JimGnitecki

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Photo Limit

Hey everyone,

We have recently change the photo limit storage for users from 10MBs to 5GBs for all users.
On a side note, we do recommend users to share their photos on a 3rd party software such as Flickr or Google Photos
Please let us know if you guys have any questions or concerns!

Cheers,

Ed
colticus, Kaw'ee and Ando like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 06:43 PM

Location: Parksville (Vancouver Island), British Columbia, Canada
Thanks for giving us the 5 GIGA Byte limit versus the 5MEGA Byte limit which discouraged forum members from posting detailed how-to posts with supporting photos. This will make a big favourable difference for forum users!

I know when I do miniproject improvements on my bikes, I am more than willing to share how I did something, but hate taking the time to write the text and take and edit the photos, and then finding that I cannot post the critically needed photos because of a site limit.

This improvement is wonderful.

Jim G
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 06:56 PM

Yes! How about PDFs can we get more than 20k? I'm afraid 3rd party hosting may disappear someday.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 07:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEvilpirate View Post
I'm afraid 3rd party hosting may disappear someday.
But they all say they would never do that and people on the internet, especially companies, never lie!

Broken links to useful photos is the bane of the DIYer. We are in the sweet spot with the little Z125 right now but what about the guys that pick up 5th owner bikes in 2024?

Anywho, 3rd party hosting is a completely different topic, thanks for the free upgrade!

Dropped a gear... ...still here
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 09:50 PM

Garage
Paying $100 to get my photobucket working again.

My site:

Youtube channel:
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 12:35 AM

Location: Parksville (Vancouver Island), British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
Paying $100 to get my photobucket working again.
Not me. I would not pay those people a dime after how they surprised us all one day by saying, after I had used their site for FIFTEEN YEARS, that I now had to either pay them to continue to have access to my photos, or move all one zillion of them elsewhere, and do it while their obnoxiously numerous ads kept popping up while I tried to do stuff.

I have all my photos on Apple's iCloud now, which costs me only $1.30 CDN per month, and automatically makes them available to me on all my devices.

But I prefer to put photos ,whose purpose is to clarify my postings on different mods or processes, right on the forum I post on, so that the photos are ALWAYS reliably "there" for anyone looking at the posts months or years later.

Jim G
Ando likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page