SoCal - Ventura County Area - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By nrvswreck
  • 1 Post By nrvswreck

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up SoCal - Ventura County Area

Hi all you z125ers!

I recently purchased a new 2019 in Candy Orange? I think that's what the color is called. Anyway, I haven't rode a motorcycle in 10+ years, this is my entry back into the brotherhood! My previous bikes where a Suzuki M50 and Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R.

If you're around Oxnard, Camarillo or Thousand Oaks and want to zip around, hit me up! In the meantime, I'll be learning how to wheelie this thing!

Ride safe brothers!
handamputation likes this.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 06:32 PM

Hello, and welcome!

I am new as well, both to motorcycles (ex-scooter rider) and this forum. Some very helpful people around these parts.

Hope you have a blast on your Z. Aren't they fun?!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by handamputation View Post
Hope you have a blast on your Z. Aren't they fun?!

I'm trying to have fun on it. I found it a bit slower than I expected when getting up to speed. At the point of it being too slow, its dangerous. YouTube videos make it seem like they are much faster than they really are.

Around town, they're a blast! I use it to get to work as I work in town. But, going up even the slightest grade on this is already a challenge for it. Using a 600 to get to where I work would be "TOO MUCH BIKE", but this is definitely "NOT ENOUGH BIKE" LOL! I might have to spend some money on that 143cc kit after the warranty runs out.

One thing for sure is that if you want to learn to stunt, this is the bike to do it on! I think my clutch is slipping. I hoping its just the break-in period.
handamputation likes this.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrvswreck View Post
I'm trying to have fun on it. I found it a bit slower than I expected when getting up to speed. At the point of it being too slow, its dangerous. YouTube videos make it seem like they are much faster than they really are.

Around town, they're a blast! I use it to get to work as I work in town. But, going up even the slightest grade on this is already a challenge for it. Using a 600 to get to where I work would be "TOO MUCH BIKE", but this is definitely "NOT ENOUGH BIKE" LOL! I might have to spend some money on that 143cc kit after the warranty runs out.

One thing for sure is that if you want to learn to stunt, this is the bike to do it on! I think my clutch is slipping. I hoping its just the break-in period.

I feel ya. I mean, kinda.. I came from a Geniune Buddy 125, so the Z feels like it has a LOT more 'get up and go' than a twist and go scooter. However, growing up racing dirt bikes, it feels a little sluggish, comparatively. But hey, to each their own!

Either way, hope you continue to enjoy it, and please keep us posted, especially if ya end up upgrading it down the road!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 10:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrvswreck View Post
I think my clutch is slipping. I hoping its just the break-in period.
Even without stunting I think the OEM clutch feels a bit slippy, especially once it's got some heat in it. Look into the TB-Parts HD clutch kit.

I installed it with only half of the heavy springs to keep the friendly commuting nature of the Z in tact, but it bites harder and stays predictable during stop and go and long rides, which is more than I could say for the OEM.

I know what you mean about feeling dangerously slow. I have the most fun on my Z in the country where I don't have to worry about being rear-ended by some douchenozzle late for work. Not that it isn't a good commuter, just something to add to the drama.

Also, welcome!

Dropped a gear... . . . . . . . . . . ...still here
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
Even without stunting I think the OEM clutch feels a bit slippy, especially once it's got some heat in it.

It feels like the clutch grabs, you feel the bike lurch up, then the clutch slips. I ended up adjusting the clutch a bit, but, can't really tell if the adjustment actually made a difference. I tried dropping the clutch in 1st and 2nd to see if I can pop it up, but the clutch seemed to just bounce on engagement.

Or, possibly, (more likely) I just don't know how to wheelie and I'm actually not throttling enough LOL!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 10:47 AM

Garage
Mine did the same, there were small burn spots on the plates because they were not flat. Replace it for $35 including new gasket. It will cost you an oil change though, so a little more than $35.

My site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 09:16 PM

butcher mechanic

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 12:34 PM

Garage
Only a little butchery.

My site:

Youtube channel:
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
Replace it for $35 including new gasket. It will cost you an oil change though, so a little more than $35.

When I get to my first oil change, maybe I can get it replaced under warranty.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page