3rd bike, Lloydminster Alberta - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By AlbertaJoe

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

3rd bike, Lloydminster Alberta

Bought the z125 pro last fall. This winter I built a 1.5" intake for it with an open filter, pulled the outlet portion of the pipe out and drilled some holes in it and welded it back on. Its definitely louder now. Comparing to another Z125 here in town it did make a half decent difference.

Today I just finished lowering the foot pegs. Cut them off the original spots and welded them back on as low and as close as possible to the upper bolt. With me being **** near 6'2" my knees are almost below the ridge in the plastics now.

In the works is a cage that I am building. I have the upper portions done on both sides, waiting on setting up my tube bender to complete the rest of it.

That's about it for that bike, also have a KTM RC8R, and a 530 EXC in supermoto trim 🙂 Other summer money pit is a '92 BMW E36 with a built LS3/6 speed manual and Ford diff in the rear, went [email protected] mph last year with it in the 1/4 mile.

Got a bike for going fast or road trips, one for hooligan related riding, and the 125 for making people laugh and for not burning much fuel lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190414_143727_1555298827799.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	22911   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190414_143717_1555298843936.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	22913  
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:38 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum

Interesting, You made a baffle out of the exit tube so it avoids chambers 2 & 3 for the most part.. Love to hear a sound video if you have one

moved my stock pegs down also and can now get my knees under the gas tank edges . Also 6' size 12 feet/ no need for a rear set or longer shiftier with this mod

Looking forward to more of your home fab mod's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kaw'ee
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw'ee View Post
Welcome to the forum [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/Z125owners/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]

Interesting, You made a baffle out of the exit tube so it avoids chambers 2 & 3 for the most part.. Love to hear a sound video if you have one

moved my stock pegs down also and can now get my knees under the gas tank edges . Also 6' size 12 feet/ no need for a rear set or longer shiftier with this mod [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/Z125owners/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]

Looking forward to more of your home fab mod's
I will get a video of it next time I am out, honestly i just hear the intake on it but it's still loud.
Kaw'ee likes this.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:07 PM

Garage
Great... I removed the whole exit tube and it puts it in the mid-way louder aftermarket range, but thinking what you did would be the perfect in-between sound level for those wanting a little louder than stock, but not as loud as removing the whole exit tube.

Kaw'ee

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page