No rear stand? No problem! - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By crakerjac

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

No rear stand? No problem!

Over the weekend I installed some new chain adjusters with swingarm spools. Since I don't actaully have a rear stand that DOESN'T require spools, I needed a way to lift the back end off the ground.

Found that a couple paint cans and a couple pieces of (scrap) wood worked perfectly. The wood kept from scratching the swingarm with the metal cans and provided a little extra height. 2x4s would probably work just as well.

Ando likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[This space for rent]
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 01:38 PM

Garage
I used jack stands with rubber/plastic pads on the tops. It was sketchy, but got the job done. I'm eventually going to design some MotoGP style fins for the bottom of the swingarm so that I can pull the axle without dropping of the stand. I bought the cheapo spool adapters that are held in place by the chain adjuster nuts.

My site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube channel:
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 09:28 PM

I was fixing up an EX500 a few months ago, had a Muzzy pipe so there was no center stand. I used CMU blocks with a 2x6 on top to prevent scuffing the swingarm. Jack under the rear shock, needed a helper to balance while I positioned the blocks.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page