Electric Z125s and when are they coming? - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ando

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Electric Z125s and when are they coming?

After watching Andrew post his build and work through his custom electric Z, I can't help but wonder if the mini electrics are upon us and inevitable in the near future. Sooner than later? I hope so. I'm content with my Z125 for the most part but love the idea of going electric on these as they could be zippier plus dropping the gas altogether wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Do you think we'll see mini electrics from Kawasaki or Honda anytime in the next year or two or is it all still too soon? Feel like the mini platform could be the best starting point for them and while I'm unsure on what range could be (hoping 75-90 miles) but it would be awesome for someone (Honda, Kawasaki) to take advantage of going green with the minis.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 10:29 AM

I used to work with a guy that had one of those Zero electric bikes. He said it cost him about 1c/mile to run.... but the up front cost just didn't make sense to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[This space for rent]
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 11:44 AM

Garage
Agreed. I've sat on a couple Zeros and thought "Yeah, this would be really cool!"

Then I inevitably look at the price tag and realize I could buy a brand new Ducati Monster for the same price and nearly die laughing.

But yeah, for an around town bike, commuter, or just short little fun rides, an electric scooter/minibike makes a lot of sense.

I do like being able to "recharge" 180 mi in 45 seconds though. =] Just in case I'm feeling crazy and want to do long distance on the Z.
MindThreat likes this.

Dropped a gear... . . . . . . . . . . ...still here

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 12:21 AM

Garage
Kinda looks a grom,
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...975246631.html
New New New
Amazing brand new electric Bike.
Specifications
Motor Power:3000w
Donít need driving License or Registration and Insurance !!!!
Battery :
1 X Li-on Battery 60V 20AH
Size: 1296mmx750mm
Seat cushion height :700mm
Wheel base :1296mm
Tyre: 18x9.5inch
Front brake : Oil brake +Disc Brake
Max Speed : 40-45km/h
Range Per Charge : 40-50 km
Max gradeability : 30 degree
Seat: Two seats.
Maximum load :200KGS
Product Size:1900x390x1000mm
Charge time : 6 hours
Packing : 175*39*85
N.W/G.W : 65KG/75KG
Front absorber: Yes
Front light: Yes,Emark
Brake light: Yes,Emark
Turn light: Front/Rear,Emark
Horn: Yes,Emark
Mirror: Yes,Emark
KickStart Power Switch: Yes
Handle Lock: Yes
Charger: CE/LVD
Battery: MSDS,UN38.3
Controller: CE/LVD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00y0y_a5b8LOSRJMN_600x450.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	23861  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kaw'ee

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 10:33 AM

Garage
They always list those as not needing a license or registration... Not so sure about that. The big problem is that they may not give you an MSO so you can register it.

My site:

Youtube channel:
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

I was checking out some alternative electric motorcycles and saw the CSC version on YouTube, sadly it only goes like 45mph and gets a rough 37-60 mile range depending on how you ride it I guess. Not really a Z replacement or equivalent. Someone electrified their Grom and it seems kind of cool but too early to tell just how well it'll hold up and didn't really mention specs in terms of max speed or range.

Agree that as cool as the Zeros are, they're just too ungodly expensive for what it is. Hopefully that'll change in a few years.

If one of these could get a consistent 80+ mile range with a top speed of 65-70 without breaking the bank, it would be golden!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page