Check engine light issue solved
Thought I would give a quick update on my engine light issue in case anyone has the same problem. As in a previous post, my check engine light went stuck on after changing to a new exhaust and a Power Commander with Autotune but NO O2 optimizer connector. Tried a 3rd-party optimizer, and a home brew version with the resistor values recommended by Kaw’ee, and no matter what I tried (manual recommended clearing procedure AND my dealer clearing the code), the light remained on. Went thru the wiring and connectors one more time, and convinced myself the only item left to fail was the ECU itself. Found one on eBay for 69 bucks and installed today. SUCCESS! Was fairly shocked to see the light go off after I started the engine, and has remained off for 60 miles of several rides today.
All I can think of is in all my mods and subsequent troubleshooting, maybe I shorted something out and damaged that portion of the ECU...