How many miles? Any issues? - Kawasaki Z125 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

How many miles? Any issues?

I am now approaching 12,000 miles on my 2017 Z125. I bought it in September 2017. I ride almost everyday as this bike is my daily driver. Work, Gym, Grocery, etc...

The bike is 100% stock in every way. The only thing that I have had to change so far is the chain at 7700 miles. I change the oil every 1000-2000 miles. I try to keep it closer to 1000, but time dosnt always permit. I have only used Rotella T6 5w40 for my oil. I change the filter every other oil change using the K&N Filter (Part # KN-112). The stock rear tire needs changing as it has started to have a decent flat spot. I usually have a full backpack and me alone, I weigh in around 195lbs most of the year.

So.... the bike has been extremely reliable. Only real knock is I have noticed a decrease in gas mileage slightly. I am not sure if that's from wear and tear on the engine, or the fact that I went from long distance driving (work was 23 miles away), to shorter distance. (work is now 5 miles away).

Maybe list your mileage and issues below, also modifications play a factor. Like so....

2017 Z125 Pro - Green
Millage:11,780
Issues: None
Maintenance Done: Chain
Modifications: None

Instagram: KTEC_ENG
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 05:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2two View Post
...decrease in gas mileage slightly. I am not sure if that's from wear and tear on the engine, or the fact that I went from long distance driving (work was 23 miles away), to shorter distance. (work is now 5 miles away).
Probably a combination of things, but you are overdue on valve clearance adjustment by a long shot (approaching your second interval) if you've never done it.

Dropped a gear... ...still here
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 06:27 PM

Garage
My 2017 doesn't have near the mileage, but I'm most impressed with the tire wear you've gotten out of the rear. Also, with only 1000 miles on mine, it's good to know I can look forward to many more. Thanks for the informative post.

I NEVER MET A BIKE I DIDN'T LIKE
JP

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
Probably a combination of things, but you are overdue on valve clearance adjustment by a long shot (approaching your second interval) if you've never done it.
I only have done what I posted above. I haven't really looked into what needs to be done engine maintenance wise. Since I ride it everyday, I can't really have the down time.

I'll Google me some info on doing the valve clearance adjustment. Anything else that is common maintenance besides that?

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 10:56 AM

Garage
HERE is a good walk through of the process. He uses tools specific for the job but as long as you have a half decent set of tools it should be no problem.

If you don't have feeler gauges there is also a forum post describing how to adjust the valve clearance by touching off and then relying on the pitch of the thread to accurately add your gap.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Dropped a gear... ...still here
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 05:24 PM

I’m about to roll past 3000 miles on my bone stock except tail tidy 2018. It’s had oil changes, chain lube and adjust. No issues. I read somewhere on here that there’s a screen inside so I’ve got the clutch cover gasket and it gonna get checked at next oil change. I’m also ok to do valve clearance check when the time comes. The bike is a commuter, a super fun commuter.

Last edited by Kifrain; 07-18-2019 at 05:27 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 04:10 AM

2000 km's... No problems until I crashed tonight haha.... Broke one signal light off.... Then drove 30 km's on a dirt road while pouring rain with bent bars then back wheel locked up at 50 km/hr...hit the ground pretty hard and lost the other signal light... Not sure why back wheel locked up... Have to check in the daylight tommorow

CRAZY FROG RULES!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Correction...

I am not just under 12,000 miles. I am at 12,600! Almost 13k!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page