1st real ride w/143cc kit installed - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By jwiseman
  • 1 Post By mnnthbx

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

1st real ride w/143cc kit installed

Put 100 miles on the Z this weekend with a few good rides on the Bucks County (PA) backroads, finally getting some decent weather to break in my 143cc top end job. If anybody knows the area here, it's around New Hope, which is a very popular place for bikers to ride to. The photo was taken at Dilly's where I stopped for lunch, north of New Hope.

In any case, I got the MNNTHBX 143 kit installed and a starter map loaded into my PC-V, did a couple of runs to get the AutoTune dialed in, and headed out. Very impressive so far. But still some rough spots, so I have a dyno session scheduled locally for tomorrow.

If anybody is interested, I can post a full write-up of my experience installing the 143 kit, along with the dyno results still to come...

jw
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dillys Ride.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	819.8 KB
ID:	23163  
mnnthbx and 502Z125 like this.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 11:24 AM

I'm interested. I have a 143 kit sitting in my basement and a brand new Z to install it on... The tune is my biggest hangup. Not sure if I should go Hoedar (again), PCV or ARacer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[This space for rent]
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 12:10 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
I'm interested. I have a 143 kit sitting in my basement and a brand new Z to install it on... The tune is my biggest hangup. Not sure if I should go Hoedar (again), PCV or ARacer.
The smart move would be to run our Bazzaz with that perfect map pre-loaded. It's spot on, and builds huge power.

Continually innovating USA made product for the Z125.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnnthbx View Post
The smart move would be to run our Bazzaz with that perfect map pre-loaded. It's spot on, and builds huge power.

I'm not sure if I agree with this. It's like buying a race suite off the internet. It might be close, but hard to get 'perfect' without a tailored fit. Whole point of a fuel controller is a map specific for the bike and elevation. Sure, it's a mini bike and probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference, but it just feels like I'd be leaving chips on the table.

[This space for rent]
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 01:30 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
I'm not sure if I agree with this. It's like buying a race suite off the internet. It might be close, but hard to get 'perfect' without a tailored fit. Whole point of a fuel controller is a map specific for the bike and elevation. Sure, it's a mini bike and probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference, but it just feels like I'd be leaving chips on the table.
There's variables for sure, but if you're below 2000' and running the 143, the map is a winner. Probably the most praised map we have honestly. Even if it were off, it would be stupid close, and a safe place to start your own tuning from.
crakerjac likes this.

Continually innovating USA made product for the Z125.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page