Air box mod and hindle with db killer. - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Air box mod and hindle with db killer.

I modded my air box by removing the snorkel and add a uni drop in filter. Added the hindle and bike ran good but loud in a good way...great bass sound down low transitions to a sweet moto four stroke sound at high rpm, nice decel with no crackle. It had better pick up but no better pull at top. Added db killer and the low to mid really picked up with better pull to top end, better than pre db killer. I have a PCv, cam and lightened primary to add as well as a 28t rear. Will add them in steps to see the gains. Will update as parts are added. Anyone have PCv maps to share? I am looking at the available maps on dynojet and may try to tweak some of the existing maps that are available. Nice to have the option to play with timing as well as fuel tables.
Kaw'ee likes this.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:59 PM

Garage
Nice write up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kaw'ee
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Forgot to add the db killer really kills the bass. Once I have the other mods the db killer may have to go. Although the sound is growing on me. It is just so sweet but loud without the db killer.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

So I added the pcv and installed the available 5 maps and had the best luck with the graves map. Tried playing with the fuel and timing. Had some luck and it was running well. Bought the autotuner and have enjoyed the benefits of the trim tables it created. Have found that i need to adjust the target afr to get it to really improve performance. Leaner down low to maintain economy (13.8) and richer up top (12) to get it to pull clean to redline. The autune has made the bike run really nice. Still have more tuning as I add the cam etc. So far so good.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

The 28t rear sprocket is great as well. Speedo is very close to my gps watch now. And I hit 65 indicated drafting a subaru on a slight down hill without hitting redline.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:26 AM

Follow up....

Thanks for the info...keep it coming!

Adrenaline Racing
Montreal, Canada
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 12:06 AM

Did you need to have the supplied bung welded in your header pipe?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:28 AM

IIRC, the Hindle exhaust has a 18mm bung welded on and they supply an adapter to work with the OEM O2 sensor. This is the IDEAL setup... if you ever plan to go autotune.

[This space for rent]
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:37 AM

Garage
Does said adapter still keep the O2 sensor in the exhaust stream?

Many adapters (admittedly more commonly step-UP adapters) will leave the sensor tip somewhere in the bung, where it gathers erroneous readings.

This does sound ideal if it works. Do you have the ZoOM Brute on your bike yet or are your fingers not accessible enough? If you want two extra hands give me a shout, I'm anxious to hear a Brute IRL as the price and looks are spot on for me.

Dropped a gear... ...still here
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:37 AM

Fingers are accessibleish... Finding the time seems to be the limiting factor. New bike is sitting in the garage collecting dust getting neglected. I'll hit you up if I find some time to get it installed and need some help.

Right now, I'm waiting on an O2 adapter from eBay to step my 18mm down to a 12mm. I actually have two header pieces. One with the 18mm and one with the 12mm, but would rather go the adapter route so I don't need to remove the whole exhaust to go back and forth.

From what I can tell, these adapters should be just fine.

[This space for rent]

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page