Aracer rcmini 5 engine management ecu - Page 2 - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 10:22 PM

Location: Parksville (Vancouver Island), British Columbia, Canada
Here (image below) is a list of smartphones, from the ARACER website "Support" section, that have been tested successfully by ARACER.

Note:

- The misspelling of "iPhone", which does not inspire confidence in the product or company

- The fact that for the Apple iPhone, only the 7,8 and X versions have been tested. My iPhone 6 was apparently not tested (too old?). That adds another risk to a purchase of the product.

Jim G
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ARACER - Phones supported by ARACER - 1.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	21639  
502Z125 likes this.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 05:57 PM

I was lucky enough to get one of the first ones that Steady Garage got. I got it to replace my Bazzaz. If you want to know why I replaced the Bazzaz, you can look through my past posts. I will say that getting the aRacer w/ AFM installed was a breeze. i did have to re-flash it for my Z125 before i started it, but that was it (super easy). My bike fired right up, and I went for a ride. I got about four houses down my street and said to myself, out loud, "Holy SH**!" The difference between the bazzaz and the aRacer is night and day! Maybe I had problems with the bazzaz because I'm a newbie at all this tuning stuff, idk. Either way, I didn't like the bazzaz, and the aRacer is where it's at for me going forward. My Z is so much better with the aRacer than it was stock or with the Bazzaz. It does have a few hickups that are a minor inconvenience like,

1. the instructions are not the greatest but it's not difficult.

2. you are supposed to be able to adjust the speedo within the app but it didn't work for me. (contacted the aracer USA rep and told him about this so it could be fixed now)

3. the auto-tune won't actually display the changes that are made to the map within the app. it only stores them in the ECU itself.

Other than those minor things its been very good to me. If you have any specific questions, let me know and ill help the best I can.

Oh, FWIW every grom guy that I've met drools over the aRacer RC1 or the guys that have them, and have nothing but good things to say about the Mini5 and aRacer in general.

EDIT: I have an iPhoneX, and it works flawlessly through Bluetooth. Also, the app for the iPhone is $15.00, if I remember correctly.
Kaw'ee, 502Z125 and Ando like this.

Last edited by Bluedart; 11-28-2018 at 06:02 PM. Reason: more info
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 07:56 PM

Thank-you! But, you said that you had to reflash it for the Z125 before you could start it:

1. HOW did you do that?

2. If you had to load a file, where did you GET the file to load?

3. Is your Z125 stock other than the Aracer ECU?

Jim G
502Z125 likes this.

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Please describe the procedure of retrofitting the Aracer ECU to a Z125 in painstaking detail for people like myself who are potatoes when it comes to this sort of thing. I will buy you a beer if I ever meet you in person. Thanks.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 10:35 AM

Garage
Was looking through the website when this thread started

Install and Flashing is on there website under 'FAQ'
https://ren-mw.com/guides
Might all be for the Grom ? but it will get you familiar with whats involved

Just Something to look at until Bluedart checks in
502Z125 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kaw'ee
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 10:56 AM

From what I understand, the ARacer unit is plug and play just like the Hoedar. The interface and ease of use is what sets it apart from Hoedar.
502Z125 likes this.

[This space for rent]
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw'ee View Post
Was looking through the website when this thread started

Install and Flashing is on there website under 'FAQ'
https://ren-mw.com/guides
Might all be for the Grom ? but it will get you familiar with whats involved

Just Something to look at until Bluedart checks in
Kaw'ee, thanks for finding and posting this. That entire FAQ section is very informative! The map loading, configuration, and tuning steps are all described if you read each applicable FAQ item.

A couple of important points:

- You obviously need to have a good Internet signal whenever and wherever you are doing the initial $15.99 US app download and then the base map download and install. So, don't do it in an underground garage for example!

- Changes to the "base" fuel map are an easy way to ensure a rich versus lean mixture even before initial startup of the bike, as that setting apparently affects the entire fuel map. So, if you don't have a really good idea of the effect any mods you have to your engine will have on the air fuel ratio, just richen the "base" setting a generous amount and then adjust back to a leaner base setting after doing some initial test riding and sparkplug or wideband checks.

- Pay attention to any "alerts" that Aracer has posted on their website or FAQ section! For example, owners of late model Groms are right now warned to NOT load the late model tune, as it will corrupt upon hitting a 100% throttle opening! The owners are instructed to use a 2016 tune instead.

I'm personally really warming up to this product, especially since I am a Mac user, and this product enables an iPhone user to modify his/her tune, and do so wirelessly. My sole big concern yet is the fact that I have an iPhone 6, which Aracer has apparently not tested with their app, probably because the iPhone 6 is "old" (They support iPhone 7,8, and X). If I get serious about getting this product, I'll need to first find out from Aracer or an actual iPhone 6 user whether this product works with the 6 or not.

Jim G
502Z125 likes this.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki View Post
Thank-you! But, you said that you had to reflash it for the Z125 before you could start it:

1. HOW did you do that?

2. If you had to load a file, where did you GET the file to load?

3. Is your Z125 stock other than the Aracer ECU?

Jim G

When I got the Mini5, it was flashed to a different bike. All I had to do to reflash it was to go into the app on my phone, make sure it was connected to the BT module, had an internet connection, select the Z125 flash, and wait for it to download to the ECU (All wirelessly). One thing that they don't tell you is when it reaches 100% to turn off the power to your bike and wait 30 seconds before turning it back on. The flash took about 10 min to complete. That was it. I was actually surprised how easy it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 502Z125 View Post
Please describe the procedure of retrofitting the Aracer ECU to a Z125 in painstaking detail for people like myself who are potatoes when it comes to this sort of thing. I will buy you a beer if I ever meet you in person. Thanks.

Remove two screws for the ECU mount from under the tail of the bike. Unplug and remove old ecu. Mount and plug in the mini5. Plug in the BT module and your good to go. Its super easy. Again I was surprised at how easy it was. If you get the AFR module as I did you will also need the multi-connector cable that comes separately to plug in the BT and the AFR module. This will also leave two open connectors (if I remember correctly) that you can plug in the aracer AFR gauge to or any other aracer product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
From what I understand, the ARacer unit is plug and play just like the Hoedar. The interface and ease of use is what sets it apart from Hoedar.

I dont know much about the Hoedar but, you will find that there are some odd things that come from the translation from Japanese not being perfect with the Mini5 but nothing that with throw you off too much. Like I said in my first post I'm a newbie and I was able to get through it with fantastic results. So, I think anyone else can.

One other thing that I didn't mention that I thought was cool is that all the parameters can be changed in real time. I have my iPhone mounted to my handlebars so I can change everything and see all the live data on my phone right there as I ride and make changes as needed or start recording data while I ride (I know this is not the safest thing to do).

If you got the money, Get the Mini5. One of the guys in the local group told me not to get the Bazzaz and wait for the mini5 to come out.....

Does anyone want a lightly used Bazzaz with the AFR module for cheap? It has been recently tested and blessed off by bazzaz (have invoices for proof).

Make an offer
502Z125 and Ando like this.

Last edited by Bluedart; 11-30-2018 at 12:26 PM.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 12:44 PM

Thanks for the detailed answer, Bluedart! I think a LOT of us appreciate it. There's nothing better than hearing feedback from a successful user. It takes a lot of risk out of buying.

Jim G
502Z125 likes this.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Ok Bluedart, thanks for sharing your Aracer experience/info with us!! You have been very helpful and I really appreciate it!! How much did your entire Aracer setup cost you for everything and where did you buy all of it at?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page