PCV DYNOJET installed but there isn't huge difference - Page 2 - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 11:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
I'm on my 2nd Z. My first Z had Zoom loop exhaust, MTake intake and Hoedar. My 2nd Z is bone stock... I think the bone stock Z is actually faster...
Have seen at least 10 other people now say the same thing
Seems like most stock bikes can hit the rev/limit in 4th most of the time.

Thinking Kawasaki got the perfect cocktail right with the stock set up.

But seen Dyno proof of gains with exhaust and intake and both separately
Seems like when a fuel controller is added is when it can go backwards.

Good News is $900.00 for Exhaust, Intakes, Fuel Controllers and Dyno tunes it can run good as Stock again
Easy boys, just a little humor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kaw'ee
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 01:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Yup. Doc cleared me to ride... Just told me not to crash again and I'll be fine .
Sweet! Good advice too! We can compare '17-'18-'19 stockers back to back and see how Kawi has tweaked it over the years. (I honestly don't notice a lick of difference between our Zs, so I'm intrigued by your '19)

Quote:
I'm actually kinda liking the stock exhaust. It's not as quiet as everyone seems to make it out to be. My only gripe is it sounds like a hollow can...
Yah, I wouldn't call it quiet, it just doesn't have much character. I think my hole punched in the last baffle chamber is pretty harmless, you get a little bit of grumble on decel but overall no meaningful increase in noise. The hole right after the cats? Too loud, but fun to play around with when I feel like being annoying. Really liking the ability to turn the noise down when I want to. I was looking forward to hearing your ZoOM Brute, but I certainly don't blame you for enjoying stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw'ee View Post
Good News is $900.00 for Exhaust, Intakes, Fuel Controllers and Dyno tunes it can run good as Stock again
Too freaking funny man! Hows the carbie Z been treating ya?

Dropped a gear... . . . . . . . . . . ...still here
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 01:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post

Too freaking funny man! Hows the carbie Z been treating ya?
All good

Starts, Runs, Tunes, just as well as the last 15 Carb'ed bikes I've had

Kaw'ee

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 03:51 PM
Vendor

THE MOST IMPORTANT thing to understand about tuners, it they're only as good as the map you load in them. You can install quality tuner such as the Bazzaz or PCV, and make a bike run fantastic or horrible, and that's only a reflection of the map, not the tuner. We have some really specific maps for specific parts combos that work to perfection and build huge power. Change a few parts, and not so much... The solutions are (a) purchase product and tuner packages designed to work together, (b) have a REPUTABLE tuner build a map on a dyno, or (c) utilize an auto-mapper to it's full potential, understanding how it works.
Kawasaki Brad and dlycan2 like this.

Continually innovating USA made product for the Z125.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 10:45 PM

I have the PCV and the available maps were only ok....The autotuner will dial your setup way good. You have to play with the AFR tables but you will get good results with your setup and local conditions. After playing with the autotune my bike with cam-pipe-pod filter runs and sounds great.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page