Showcasing my Z / Future build - Kawasaki Z125 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Showcasing my Z / Future build

I kept my bike stock for a total of 5 days before doing the fender eliminator. I have a feeling more mods will take more time to get done. I'm starting this thread for a place to showcase my build as it goes a long and have a place to ask opinions about the parts I plan to put on it. Here is the list. Fender eliminator is done already. I have a picture today of that.

Future mods list plan:

Two Brothers Tarmac Exhaust: $400
Chimera Air Filter: $150
Bazzaz or PC Fuel Controller: $300
Self Mapper: $250
15T Front Sprocket: $20

Total: ~$1120

My plan with this build is to get the bike up to around 70mph highway. I'm figuring with the increase in power the 15T sprocket should be able to handle it. This is all theory since I haven't actually started the build yet. I will also get a speedometer re calibrator if I need it, but I saw somewhere on Youtube that the 15T sprocket might actually fix the inherit discrepancy in the speedometer.

Do you guys see anything else I might need for more power? Also I don't want the bike to have TOO little torque after replacing the 15T sprocket. But I figure the increase in power will compensate? I want the 2 brothers exhaust for the DB limiter just incase a cop gives me trouble for it being loud. Really anything over 65mph true speed would be great

Big bore kit is also (sort of) an option but I hear they eat fuel.

I browsed the builds a little, got some very nice Z125's out there guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190402_175203_468.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	314.2 KB
ID:	22789  
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 11:08 AM

Garage
Heres some info on gearing and speed-o corrections

https://www.z125owners.com/forum/app...o-choices.html

And typically a exhaust, intake and fuel controller and a 15T will not get you to 70mph

So you will need this link

https://www.z125owners.com/forum/eng...orsepower.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kaw'ee
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 11:56 AM

I typically stay away from Two Mother's anything. If you were going to drop $400 on an exhaust, I would get a Yoshi or something a little better quality.

If you are staying stock bore, lightened primary and/or speed spacers might free up a little HP, but I wouldn't expect any real gains with the mods you have in your list above.

[This space for rent]

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

https://youtu.be/R1_djARpW7w

Here he says he's ready to gear the bike taller. I think the only difference in the mods he did was the camshaft upgrade. I'd consider that. Thanks for the vids.

I was considering the Two Brother's exhaust because I don't need to weld a pipe for the self mapper since it comes with the correct size from the factory. From 61mph stock to 67 with those few upgrades seems significant to me. Barring the Yoshi exhaust. I'd consider that one too.

Anyone have MPG stats from their 143 big bore?

https://youtu.be/Sd-89N-m9PY

If that's not how to get significant increase can you please explain?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 05:12 PM

Two Brother isn't the only exhaust that comes with a M18 (wideband) bung.

Off the top of my head, Hindle and Yoshi (new version) both do. I ordered a Zoom Brute exhaust with a M18 bung pre-installed so I didn't have to do any welding.

[This space for rent]
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Nice! If the zoom exhaust has that I'd probably get that. Thanks
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcomz View Post
Nice! If the zoom exhaust has that I'd probably get that. Thanks

Order from Tommy Davis (look him up on Facebook) and request an M18 wideband bung. He should be able to set you up. If you just order from Amazon, they may send you whatever they have on thier shelf with an M12 bung.

[This space for rent]
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
Order from Tommy Davis (look him up on Facebook) and request an M18 wideband bung. He should be able to set you up. If you just order from Amazon, they may send you whatever they have on thier shelf with an M12 bung.
https://mnnthbx.com/product/mnnthbx-...saki-z125-pro/

Are these the speed spacers you are talking about???

More thought into it and I'll probably get the new V2 Yoshi. Still not sure
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcomz View Post
https://mnnthbx.com/product/mnnthbx-...saki-z125-pro/

Are these the speed spacers you are talking about???

More thought into it and I'll probably get the new V2 Yoshi. Still not sure

No. Those are wheel bearings. Those probably help as well, but I was specifically talking about these:
https://www.gromfatherz.com/collecti...-speed-spacers

[This space for rent]

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page