Exhaust install advice for a newb. - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kaw'ee
  • 1 Post By cookmeup272
  • 1 Post By handamputation

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Exhaust install advice for a newb.

Stayed up too late one night and ended up buying a cheap exhaust system off Amazon after reading some positive reviews.

Here's a link.

I may have gotten in over my head. Is this an easy thing to install? I found a few exhaust install videos on YouTube and it didn't look TOO complicated.

Just looking for some general advice. Would I need any special tools? I'm hoping there is no welding involved!

( And before I get reprimanded for cheaping out.. I'm SORRY! I figured it'd be worth a shot to try out. )
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Seems like this is a pretty good starting point.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 03:03 AM

Garage
There's no instructions everyone's saying so here's some pics

Video good for all the dis-assemble and reassemble basics :wink2
Re-use the header gasket from the stock exhaust

Pics 1-2-3 are how most are mounting it

But I would mount it per Pic 4 myself to tuck it in more but don't know what all else is involved this way ?

Good Luck, and were here for ya
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ANODIZING RACING 1.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	23935   Click image for larger version

Name:	ANODIZING RACING 2.jpg
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	23937   Click image for larger version

Name:	ANODIZING RACING 3.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	23939   Click image for larger version

Name:	61337279_2225924027491086_8335406703960915968_n.jpg
Size:	433.4 KB
ID:	23941  
handamputation likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kaw'ee
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 10:09 AM

Exactly what Kaw'ee said. When I first received mine, I thought they sent me the wrong ****. I actually had to separate the header pipe from that mid pipe by removing the spring and then rotate the loop a full 359 degrees. It was weird that they shipped it that way, and I was confused for about 45 minutes while messing with it. I installed it per pics 1-3. That back bracket can be sort of a pain to deal with but don't be like these other jabronis that just toss it back in the box and then cry that their $100 exhaust is a piece of **** because the welds broke due to their dumbassery and not installing it correctly.

After seeing people install it like pic #4, I have thought about doing the same with mine. The exhaust does kind of point away from the bike not using this method. It does look a little funky I'll admit but I can guarantee you that no one else is talking about it because they're too busy admiring the rest of the bike.

And as far as tools, some Allan wrenches (I forget what size you need, 6mm? don't quote me) and a basic socket wrench set is all you need.
Kaw'ee likes this.

Last edited by cookmeup272; 11-12-2019 at 10:11 AM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw'ee View Post
There's no instructions everyone's saying so here's some pics

Video good for all the dis-assemble and reassemble basics :wink2
Re-use the header gasket from the stock exhaust

Pics 1-2-3 are how most are mounting it

But I would mount it per Pic 4 myself to tuck it in more but don't know what all else is involved this way ?

Thank you SO MUCH for the pics! Those will be really helpful.
Kaw'ee likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookmeup272 View Post
Exactly what Kaw'ee said. When I first received mine, I thought they sent me the wrong ****. I actually had to separate the header pipe from that mid pipe by removing the spring and then rotate the loop a full 359 degrees. It was weird that they shipped it that way, and I was confused for about 45 minutes while messing with it. I installed it per pics 1-3. That back bracket can be sort of a pain to deal with but don't be like these other jabronis that just toss it back in the box and then cry that their $100 exhaust is a piece of **** because the welds broke due to their dumbassery and not installing it correctly.

After seeing people install it like pic #4, I have thought about doing the same with mine. The exhaust does kind of point away from the bike not using this method. It does look a little funky I'll admit but I can guarantee you that no one else is talking about it because they're too busy admiring the rest of the bike.

And as far as tools, some Allan wrenches (I forget what size you need, 6mm? don't quote me) and a basic socket wrench set is all you need.
Thanks for the tips! Appreciate your time.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 11:16 AM

Garage
Quote:

Actually i wont be here for ya

I'm taking off for another week right now in the bush with no internet or cell service

but cookmeup272 will be much more help from this point forward anyways

YOU GOT THIS

Kaw'ee

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Actually i wont be here for ya

I'm taking off for another week right now in the bush with no internet or cell service

but cookmeup272 will be much more help from this point forward anyways

YOU GOT THIS

Thanks! Checked out those pics and they seem really helpful! Shouldn't be too difficult.

I'll be sure to bug Cook if I get stuck.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page