Any results or thoughts on 143 kit WITHOUT cam and head? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 10:50 AM

I saw a guy on Facebook selling a 143 kit that was already prepped (not exactly sure what that means...). Is that the kit you picked up? I need to take a solid 2 days off work (and not tell the wife) so I can sit down and install all the go fast parts I've accumulated since Black Friday....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[This space for rent]
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 10:52 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHECDrummer View Post
. I actually just ordered the full Tb143 kit with head and a Hoedar. going to go ahead and order the throttle body to and have it all ported when it gets here. Then maybe a primary gear/clutch and then I need to give my wife my credit card because this is too addicting
lol
I did score a full 143 kit from a dealer that had a buyer back out for 500 shipped and scored the hoedar for 425 shipped so I'm happy! feeling impatient but at least everything should be done before spring
Looking like a really nice Build you got going there

We need more Pic's

If you decide to start a build thread or start a album in the 'Gallery' the rest of us can live vicariously through your Credit Card

Also I've got a Z125owners 'Best of Vol 2' Video started and always looking for new member Pic's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kaw'ee

Last edited by Kaw'ee; 01-10-2019 at 10:54 AM.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 04:34 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
@mnnthbx , do you guys lap the valves before shipping out a new head or is that something you recommend the customer to do?
We don't. You certainly can, but the kit comes ready to rip essentially.

Continually innovating USA made product for the Z125.

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 04:36 PM
Vendor

Quote:
@mnnthbx Thanks for the reply! I decided to add to cam and throttle body as well. Can I ask your thoughts on having the stock head ported along with a 32mm throttle body with ported manifold compared to doing the same with a race head and the same throttle body?
There's several ways you can go obviously. It's our opinion because the OE head is so bad, nothing will outperform the full kit per dollar, and it's certainly a lot easier. Unless you like to test and tinker, I wouldn't bother modifying the OE head.

Continually innovating USA made product for the Z125.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 05:53 PM

Garage
Does anyone have comparison pictures between the OE and race heads? What are the differences and why does the OE head suck so badly?

My site:

Youtube channel:
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I saw a guy on Facebook selling a 143 kit that was already prepped (not exactly sure what that means...). Is that the kit you picked up? I need to take a solid 2 days off work (and not tell the wife) so I can sit down and install all the go fast parts I've accumulated since Black Friday....
That's the one!! I got it for 500 shipped. yeah, apparently he smooth off any imperfections and went ahead and put on the piston rings which I'm happy about. Said the Piston is ready and sitting in the cylinder.
Yeah, I have been using our checking account for all the upgrades but these big purchases I said screw it and pulled out a credit card since I never use credit LOL.. one thing I'm lucky about is that she doesn't even look in our account 😂 thank God lol.. my name is Jason Kidd Petersen on FB. you should friend me on there. We are probably on the same group page
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

@Kaw'ee ha! I'll have to do that! I appreciate your interest.. it's really been fun! I'm excited to see this thing double in horsepower! I have a hemi Challenger that I adore but it's just so **** expensive to do anything to. It has intake exhaust tune does lowered, but I can't justify doing anything else on it because everything cost more than a grand per mod once put on lol
comparatively, it's crazy thinking that I'm basically building out the entire engine (except the crank) with porting, from intake all the way to the exhaust tip plus clutch, brake lines, suspension for a decent bit under 2k! Granted, unlike my car, I'm also able to do it myself which is awesome. Even with a ton of cosmetic mods, I'll probably be around 2500ish. Of course you could turn around and also say that that is the price of a used one new stock, BUT with this bike being a free gift, I don't feel so bad for going crazy on it lol.
I'll try to start a thread. I'm new to working a forum. Even with my Dodge or with drummer forms I just searched out info and never actually join and do stuff LOL. I'll try to figure out how to work the gallery and start a thread I've taken some pictures here and there along the way that I can put in the thread
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
That's the one!! I got it for 500 shipped. yeah, apparently he smooth off any imperfections and went ahead and put on the piston rings which I'm happy about. Said the Piston is ready and sitting in the cylinder.
Yeah, I have been using our checking account for all the upgrades but these big purchases I said screw it and pulled out a credit card since I never use credit LOL.. one thing I'm lucky about is that she doesn't even look in our account 😂 thank God lol.. my name is Jason Kidd Petersen on FB. you should friend me on there. We are probably on the same group page
Lol! I'm on the same boat with the credit card and the wife. I also got a full TB 143 kit from factoryminibikes on Black Friday for 480 bucks shipped now I just need to figure out what injector people are using with the V2 race head.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex125 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Lol! I'm on the same boat with the credit card and the wife. I also got a full TB 143 kit from factoryminibikes on Black Friday for 480 bucks shipped now I just need to figure out what injector people are using with the V2 race head.
Ha, me too dude.. that's one thing I don't know anything about lol. I'm told that some injectors will require having a wideband O2 sensor too. I'm kind of just wanting to get a slightly better injector for now that works with my stock 02 since I think they're pretty cheap and get a wideband O2 and a hardcore fuel injector in a few months. I know the why the band would also allow for my tuner to do more. What that is exactly? I have no idea but that's what everyone and their mama says lol
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 09:25 AM

I haven't heard anything about a wideband o2 from many people. I got the Hoedar ECU from Chris Cey and I believe he said the Ninja 300 injector is a better option than the stock one for the 143 bbk, so I went on eBay last night and found one for 30 bucks. I hope I don't need the 300 rail as well.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page