Aracer - Kawasaki Z125 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Aracer

I have a aracer mini 5, connects threw my phone good with the app, I downloaded the rc mini 5 on my laptop, I can pair the blink module thru my systems but when I am trying using the rc it canít find the the device is there anyway to connect threw Bluetooth with out the link cable?
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 12:52 AM

I have had a similar experience. My Mini5 pairs easily with my phone while it wouldn't with 2 different PCs. I had to get the red comm cable in order to connect to a PC. Once it was connected, the "tuning" functions are very limited so you might as well just stick with using a phone. It looks like it was designed with ease of use in mind rather than for serious tuning.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 11:17 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobot View Post
It looks like it was designed with ease of use in mind rather than for serious tuning.
First I've heard of that, if I were to build a Z it would have been my choice of ECM. Care to go into more detail about this because again, I was under the impression that this could do pretty much anything to the system.

My site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobot View Post
I have had a similar experience. My Mini5 pairs easily with my phone while it wouldn't with 2 different PCs. I had to get the red comm cable in order to connect to a PC. Once it was connected, the "tuning" functions are very limited so you might as well just stick with using a phone. It looks like it was designed with ease of use in mind rather than for serious tuning.

Thanks, I was wondering if it was more in-depth or not before I spent the money!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
First I've heard of that, if I were to build a Z it would have been my choice of ECM. Care to go into more detail about this because again, I was under the impression that this could do pretty much anything to the system.
Download the free aRacer Smart Lite app to see what the $400 Mini5 ECU is capable of. The $600 RC-1 ECU uses traditional PC tuning software with much broader tuning capabilities. I've tried both and while the Mini5 is a cheaper but still tunable ECU, if you are used to the wider functionality of the RC-1, you will definitely miss it. But the Mini5 will get the job done for the average built motor without lugging around a PC.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 10:38 AM

Garage
I'm used to tuning my Buell, pretty much everything is there to mess with. I'd like to FI my KAYO, but the cost and lack of good kits keeps stopping me. Maybe I'll need to find some salvage components on ebay and get the RC-1. It has a 12volt regulated charging system (left over from their street versions) so all I need is a battery to bring it to life while kicking it over. Already has digital ignition so the pickup is in place.

My site:

Youtube channel:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page