High idle after PCV install???? - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By SqueakyHuevos

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

High idle after PCV install????

Just finished installing a PCV and autotune.

Installed the PCV first, loaded a base map from dynojet for a yosh full exhaust and stock air filter and gave the bike a test run. The idle went straight to 4k. I let it warm up and reset the TPS. Shes still idling at 4k. So I said I'd deal with it in a bit and installed the autotune.

Started the bike up and still idles at 4k. I check, double checked and triple checked my connections. All seems good. I didn't use the T-Tap connectors for the TPS or autotune ground. TPS wire was soldered and taped as well as the power leads for the autotune.

Anyone have some insight as to what I may have overlooked???
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

OK new problem....

After idling for a while, the idle dropped to about 3k. I blip the throttle to see if maybe its stuck, but the bike bogs hard and nearly stalls. Popped the fuel tank to see if the bike was starvibg for fuel, no hiss or anything. Left the cap open and fired it up again. Same problem.

I'm scratching my head here trying to figure this one out.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 10:18 AM

Garage
Reload the map, something might have gone wrong with the upload.

My site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Tried that...

TPS values are jumping all over the place though. I can press on the connector with my finger and they go wild.

I'm gonna pull the connector apart and de-pin all the wires and see if they're making good contact with the pins in the TPS.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 11:54 AM

Garage
You put an O2 sensor eliminator?

Ride Safe
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

didn't come with one. Dynojet said not to use it
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 01:22 PM

Garage
I'm pretty sure you need an 02 sensor bypass. I recently spoke with dynojet directly regarding this same issue on a 2018 Z900RS and they recommended a dual bung to run the stock 02 and the autotune concurrently. I personally disagree with that and ran an 02 bypass so the PCV and ECU are not trying to correct each other (if that makes any sense).

In your AFR tables make sure you don't have a value (put in zero's) in your 0% and 5% throttle column.

Re calibrate your TPS with the engine running and warmed up in the dynojet software.

Those three ^^ I'd bet will solve your problems.

Kawasaki 02 bypass harness coming soon to my site.

Anything can kill you. Pick something fun.
kawasakibrad.com
Youtube Channel:
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Negative... Spoke to Dynojet yesterday before I installed it because the kit didn't come with an O2 sensor "Optimizer" and was told just to leave it plugged in.

After looking at the TPS readout in the PCV software, the TPS signal was all over the place. Couldn't get a solid recalibration. It turned out to be the factory TPS Connector. After pulling the wires and drag testing them on the pins in the TPS itself, 3 connectors were loose. Put a slight crimp into the wire ends a d slighy bent the pins in the TPS. Now the reading is near rock steady with a .001-.002 floating variance. Close and sta le enough. Idle is at 2100 and steady as well.
crakerjac likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 10:15 AM

I ended up selling my autotune because I didn’t want to hack up my new exhaust and my pcv also didn’t come with a optimizer. If there is a way to use the autotune without welding another bung in my exhaust, I will probably pick another one up. Here’s what Dynojet sent me

Benjamin Stephen (Dynojet)
May 6, 10:05 AM PDT

Hello John,

You are supposed to leave the factory O2 sensors installed on the bike. The Auto tune comes with new bungs for you to weld into the exhaust so that you can run both, The factory O2s and our wideband O2s. Let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 07:37 PM

The Hindle comes with the larger bung and a reducer for the stock o2 sensor. I am running autotune without the stock sensor connected. I am seeing good results with the autotune and when I am dialed in will install the stock sensor with the autotune map.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page