metallic sheet between intake and throttle body - Kawasaki Z125 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

metallic sheet between intake and throttle body

Who has removed the squarish metallic sheet between the air box and the throttle body? After installing my intake, this just kinda flops around and doesn't seem to serve much purpose. I removed it on my last bike... but taking a little better care of this one. Thought I would ask the community before it gets tossed for 'weight reduction'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[This space for rent]
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 04:58 PM

Garage
Mines in the garbage. It's a heat shield to keep some of the radiant off your throttle body. Not a lot of heat issues where I live and yeah, it's just in the way.

Anything can kill you. Pick something fun.
kawasakibrad.com
Youtube Channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 07:06 PM

Yeah us folks who deal with snow half the year can probably ditch it. Some folks who live in hot climates might want to keep it.

The thing I don't like is how exposed stuff is in that area after the airbox is pulled I had though about designing a formed sheet metal guard to protect some of that. Something that would mount off the same center frame bolts as the airbox. I have some business connections in the fabrication industry that have a laser cutter and might make something up someday. Perhaps something that protects the throttle body and wiring, but directs other airflow toward the cylinder and K&N pod.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
The thing I don't like is how exposed stuff is in that area after the airbox is pulled I had though about designing a formed sheet metal guard to protect some of that. Something that would mount off the same center frame bolts as the airbox. I have some business connections in the fabrication industry that have a laser cutter and might make something up someday. Perhaps something that protects the throttle body and wiring, but directs other airflow toward the cylinder and K&N pod.
Actually thinking about gutting the airbox and using that as a 'shield'. Just have to enlarge the hole in the back to fit the metal tube of my intake.... Just don't want it acting like a parachute...

[This space for rent]

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page