LED headlight? - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

LED headlight?

Hi everyone, a quick question: has anyone tried installing an LED headlight or a light with a switchback halo? Do these products throw any errors?
Also, those of you, who dealt with the LEDs on your Z125s, can you share the names of the brands you are happy with?
Any comments are appreciated! I just do not want those LEDs that hyperflash or throw errors, that's why askin.
Regards,

Gary.
Fox Fader likes this.
post #2 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 09:24 AM

Garage
I have Chrome Glow front LED turns and their flasher unit, not entirely certain I recommend it because it seems to have gone to mostly hyperflash now. May need to fix it with a big resistor.
GaryRamey likes this.

My site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 05:48 PM

I got the DDM Tuning Lynx. Even my gf who is oblivious to stuff was like "wow those are way brighter".

Sucks for us motorcyle guys cause you need to buy a set of 2! Guess I have a spare.

You need to remove the rubber insert that goes around the stock bulb to get them to fit, no big deal. Install in 5 minutes, no error codes. High and Low in one lamp.
GaryRamey likes this.

post #4 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 06:10 PM

Garage
I could be talked into taking that "extra" off your hands. ;]
GaryRamey likes this.

Dropped a gear... ...still here
post #5 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 06:44 PM

Just took out one of those no-name triangle LED bulbs and replaced it with a Mictuning LED. The El cheapo bulb illuminated well to be seen by other driver's, but was absolutely terrible at illuminating the road at dark. The Mictuning in the garge alone looked awesome. We shall see. No pun.
Pair on amazon $29.99, just came back in stock

'17 Z125 PRO - Candy Lime Green
Shorty Levers‡Seat Strap Delete‡LED City & Tag Lights‡Vagabond Fender Eliminator
90° Valve stems‡15wt Fork Oil‡ZOom Loop Exhaust‡HD Clutch Kit‡ProTaper Mini High w/ 1.25" Risers
ODI Lock-on Grips w/ KLX110 Throttle Cam‡PT420MX Chain‡Ebay Spools‡Yoshi RS2 db Killer‡Mictuning H4 LED‡OE Intake

'07 Tuono Factory - Red Lion

Psalm 121
post #6 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

Ok I see, I am still somewhat concerned about the LEDs, as there are good LEDs and ones that throw errors, hyperflash, etc.

I know, that there are LEDs that come with built-in load resistors and canbus modules that prevent from errors. However, I am still not sure, which lights are good, and which are no.
Now, I liked what people did for Harleys and other bikes that have got 7-inch lights, and thought of making something similar for my Z.
https://www.motorcycleid.com/images/...structions.pdf
So I thought of the bulbs that will work without errors and stuff. I haven't seen anything suitable for our Z125s that goes assembled and looks right....

I am mechanically inclined, so I can make the light by myself, rather tan have someone retrofit mine. However, if there is a quality pre-assembled solution, I'd be interested...
post #7 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 08:40 AM

Ando- My 92 XJ600S is angry with me for neglecting him all season to play with the Z. The XJ still has the stock headlight bulb from 92... I may need to give him the other LED as a peace offering.
Ando likes this.
post #8 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 10:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryRamey View Post
Ok I see, I am still somewhat concerned about the LEDs, as there are good LEDs and ones that throw errors, hyperflash, etc.
The MicTuning ones are one of the good ones. This isn't the first time they've been mentioned for the Z. I'd trust MrEvilPirate's choice too (enough to buy his extra XD ).

Have a look. EN187 is a member here, but I don't think he's active.

ozcomz likes this.

post #9 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 10:31 AM

Garage
Shoot, I skimmed too quick. You are looking to replace the entire headlight assembly not just the light source?

User Z125Rider converted his headlight to a more classic look. Hes mentioned it as an aside in some threads but doesn't have a dedicated post for it or anything. Looks like an off the shelf headlamp, but at least you can see what the overall appearance looks like.

post #10 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 10:37 AM

Garage
i put a ADVnative H4 in my other bike / Left this review at there site....

Totally agree with the 3 times brighter statement here and is more light than I'll ever need. I did not want a blinding LED that was obnoxious to oncoming traffic or the rear view mirrors of the riders in front of me and the sharp/precise cut off point of the pencil beam does just that. Also the wide pencil beam is perfect for finding your way off road when needing to see around sharp turns while trail riding. My bike will not accept the rear mounted fan and cooling fins type LED bulbs like most bikes (no room). Lucky Me I found this one that met both my needs.
Native H4 - ADVmonster
EDIT: Turns out it's ok for flat dirt roads and trails, but it becomes a strobe light through the Whoop-De-Doos being a Pencil Beam.. It will be coming out ! and going to try the Mictuning H4 after FoxFader posts up a better video of it than the one below (hint-hint) It does look like another Pencil beam in this video so that will decide the Ya/Na for me ,
https://www.z125owners.com/forum/kaw...install-4.html
Check these out as well
https://www.z125owners.com/forum/kaw...tml#post112898

Kaw'ee

Last edited by Kaw'ee; 10-02-2018 at 10:41 AM.